HP ZV5240US and windows 2000

I've installed Windows 2000 Pro on a new drive in my HP ZV5240US.

After installation has completed and the system reboots, it hangs on the
Windows 2000 "logo" screen. I cannot boot into any other modes, ie. Save,
VGA, etc.

If I install Window 2000 Debug, that will reboot after installation but I
cannot install any Service Packs, etc. I attempted to update the debug
version to the Pro version and it hangs as described above.

Has anyone seen this and if so, how was it fixed/circumvented.

I'm guessing there is a driver/hardware issue keeping it from booting.

A fellow employee has installed 2000 pro on his HP 7320 (which works) and I
did note that it has a different video card installed. NVidia as opposed to
my ATI 9000 IGP.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jonathan

Does safe mode boot?

If it does then you definately have a service or driver issue. You can
start by disabling any non-MS services and upgrading/disabling suspected
device drivers.

If you have access to a Windows XP or 2k3 machine, you can copy over
msconfig.exe and run it. Then go to the services tab, click on hide all MS
services, then click on disable all. This will disable all 3rd party
services.

If this works, then you can add them back one by one until you find the
culprit.

Hope this helps :)