Compaq d530 and RIS installation

I am trying to get a compaq d530 with the broadcom network driver to talk to
the ris server without the cannot find necessary driver for your network
adapter message.

Downloaded the driver from the hp site but it is an executable and I beleive
I am after the inf and sys and cat files. Have tried to extract these but no
luck. Does any one have some windows 2000 files for this.

I am putting every driver I can find in the $oem$\1$\drivers\nic folder but
cannot get past this message.

The Ris server is windows 2003. I am assuming the same rules apply as for
win2k RIS.

Many thanks,

neil
2 answers Last reply
More about compaq d530 installation

    You're on the right track.

    If you double click on the exe from hp, you should be able to just extract
    the files. Then you need to put these files into the i386 folder of the CD
    base image.

    If, after doing this, you still recieve the error, the problem is with the
    inf file from the manufacturer and you'll need to apply the following
    update to work around it:

    823658 "The operating system image you selected does not contain the
    necessary
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823658

    I hope this helps :)

    Yes yes this works.

    It was the base image bit I was missing.

    Many thanks,

    I followed the instructions from Technet but it wasnt that clear until you
    mentioned the correct folder.

    neil

    "Jonathan" <undisclosed03@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > You're on the right track.
    >
    > If you double click on the exe from hp, you should be able to just extract
    > the files. Then you need to put these files into the i386 folder of the
    > CD
    > base image.
    >
    > If, after doing this, you still recieve the error, the problem is with the
    > inf file from the manufacturer and you'll need to apply the following
    > update to work around it:
    >
    > 823658 "The operating system image you selected does not contain the
    > necessary
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823658
    >
    > I hope this helps :)

Compaq Windows