Front End / Back End Setup

I have implemented a DMZ on my network in order to utilize an Exchange 2003
Front End Server. The sole purpose of the box is for OWA secure
authentication and then access to the Exchange backend.

I have it working, however, i had to open up my backside FW so that the FE
server can authenticate to the domain.

I would like help in modifying the FE box so that I can lock down the
backend FW better and still provide the proper functionality for OWA acces.

Thanks
--
pmullan

I'm really not sure what this has to do with setup/deployment of Windows
2000. Have you tried posting to the appropriate Exchange group?

Anyway, have you thought about using ISA Server 2004 to protect OWA?

Oli

"Patrick Mullan" <PatrickMullan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have implemented a DMZ on my network in order to utilize an Exchange 2003
> Front End Server. The sole purpose of the box is for OWA secure
> authentication and then access to the Exchange backend.
>
> I have it working, however, i had to open up my backside FW so that the FE
> server can authenticate to the domain.
>
> I would like help in modifying the FE box so that I can lock down the
> backend FW better and still provide the proper functionality for OWA
> acces.
>
> Thanks
> --
> pmullan

Agree to Oli, you can use Exchange forum which may give you more hints on
this.
This time, try surf to these URLs which definitely help resolving your
doubt:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/exsecure.mspx

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326276
--
Lawrence Tse
MCT, MCSE:Messaging, MCSA:Messaging, MCDBA, MCSD, MCSE+Internet, MCP+Site