Multiple Deployment of Windows 2000 Server using RIS

Hi,

With one computer to be deployed with one image, RIS works great. But, I
have a problem here for deploying 50+ computers all at the same time totally
unattended in both these cases:
1. With different images
[ I cannot fully automate CIW screens. How to list only one image in the
CIW Screen without giving options to the user. Is there anyway to place the
"Imagename" [or Image ID, if one exists] in the OSChoice CIW Screen with
AUTOENTER functionality, without asking the user for picking up an image
interactively at deployment time. Or any other way to automate all the CIW
screens in Windows 2000. I heard AUTOENTER also works for Windows 2003, does
it work with Windows 2000 RIS server and RIS Images.
I figured one way of doing this is by setting the permissions to sif file.
But this restricts the user to deploy multiple machines with different images
simultaneously.

2.With one image and different network settings.

I want to set different IP's statically to different computers after they
get installed with the same image through RIS. I can specify Network
configuration in .sif files, but I can use that image only for one machine.
Can I have only one sif file and any other way to assign the network
parameters to multiple computers simultaneously fully unattended and
automated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on both these issues.
Thanks.

1. AUTOENTER is a new feature in Win2003. If you're using Win2K, you can
restrict the user from accessing specific OS image, please refer to
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/howto/remoteos.mspx,
search for the topic "Restricting OS Image Options", it shows complete
instruction on how to implement that.

2. For me, I will "Pre-stage" the machines in different OU first before
actual deployment using it's GUID. Then associate additional machine
startup script to configure the DHCP option class using IPCONFIG /setclassid
option, to deliver different TCP/IP setting to different client. Please
refer to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;235272 for
how to configure DHCP class ID.

Lawrence Tse

MCT, MCSE:Messaging, MCP, MCSA:Messaging, MCDBA, MCSE+Internet, MCP+Site
Building, MCSD