Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Linking problem with Pokemon Firered and GBA

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 6:34:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

I've got two kids, each with a GBA, although one system is a year older
than the other. They are both the flip-open revision, and the kids
both really dig on the Pokemon series. We recently tried linking the
two, both wirelessly (with the included wireless adapter from the
Pokemon box) and wired, to no avail.

GBA1 allowed the player to enter a "training room" at the Wireless
Something-or-other Center. GBA2, in the same location, with the same
hard- and software setup, was told that this Wireless Center was
undergoing "some adjustments."

Anyone know what might be causing this? Is it an experience issue with
the character in the game? Does it sound like a hardware problem?
Does it sound like a software problem? We can rule out the wireless
adapters, because switching them produced the same result. I.e., GBA2,
with the new hardware, remained incapable of linking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by me AND the kids! :) 
Thanks,
Matt
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 3:00:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Hi, Matt

It's probably because GBA1 is further on in the game than GBA2. Both games
need to have at least 3 Gym Badges before they can link up.

CJooc5 (Chris Frew)
<mattbrunt@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1105227252.971095.71300@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> I've got two kids, each with a GBA, although one system is a year older
> than the other. They are both the flip-open revision, and the kids
> both really dig on the Pokemon series. We recently tried linking the
> two, both wirelessly (with the included wireless adapter from the
> Pokemon box) and wired, to no avail.
>
> GBA1 allowed the player to enter a "training room" at the Wireless
> Something-or-other Center. GBA2, in the same location, with the same
> hard- and software setup, was told that this Wireless Center was
> undergoing "some adjustments."
>
> Anyone know what might be causing this? Is it an experience issue with
> the character in the game? Does it sound like a hardware problem?
> Does it sound like a software problem? We can rule out the wireless
> adapters, because switching them produced the same result. I.e., GBA2,
> with the new hardware, remained incapable of linking.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated by me AND the kids! :) 
> Thanks,
> Matt
>
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 12:09:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

That's not true. I was able to link up wirelessly and trade as soon as
I got to a Pokemon Center.
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 12:57:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Hah! I totally forgot that I'd posted this support request. :) 

Well... that was during a cousin's visit a few weekends ago, and we
haven't seen him since. I'll have to let them know about the gym bags
and see if it seems to make a difference...

Of course, The Almighty N claims otherwise...
We'll see! Thanks for the responses.
!