Mobile Win2000 Server Setup

We have a small office network with a domain controller. All computers run
Win2000.

I want to run demos at remote locations that have an IIS-configured
application on a laptop running Win2000 Server and accessed through a laptop
client running Win2000 Pro.

I want the laptop client to run the remote demos and access the home network
when back in the office.

How should the laptop server be congigured? Options seem to be:

1. A new domain on the laptop which is congigured as a new Domain Controller
2. A second Domain Controller of the office domain
3. Standalone server
1 answer Last reply
More about mobile win2000 server setup

    3. Standalone server. There's no reason to run web applications on a DC

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "GrahamC" wrote:
    | We have a small office network with a domain controller. All computers
    run
    | Win2000.
    |
    | I want to run demos at remote locations that have an IIS-configured
    | application on a laptop running Win2000 Server and accessed through a
    laptop
    | client running Win2000 Pro.
    |
    | I want the laptop client to run the remote demos and access the home
    network
    | when back in the office.
    |
    | How should the laptop server be congigured? Options seem to be:
    |
    | 1. A new domain on the laptop which is congigured as a new Domain
    Controller
    | 2. A second Domain Controller of the office domain
    | 3. Standalone server

Laptops Domain Controller Servers Windows