Your question

Comp restarts under load, not a temp issue

Last response: in Overclocking
March 15, 2007 1:42:34 AM

system

gigabyte ds3 v1
945 d cpu @4.3 2.8 v 50c under dual prime95
ocz pc800 @ 2.1 v

system will restart for no apparent reason whil under torture test, temp is at 50c

could this be a low voltage problem?
March 15, 2007 2:20:19 AM

It could be that your psu is overheating and forcing a restart. I assume the 50c temp is the cpu. If so, the its well within limits. What is you psu make and wattage?
March 15, 2007 2:58:48 AM

psu is a thermaltake 430w with Dual 80mm fans front and rear wih the following ratings

DC OUTPUT
+3.3v___+5v___+12v___-5v____-12v____+5vsb
28a____30a____18a____0.5a___0.8a____2a

i have another psu, Ultra V Serirs 500w, but only has 1 120mm fan on the bottom with the following ratings.

DC OUTPUT

32a ____20a___ 28a___0.6a____0.6a____2a
Related resources
March 15, 2007 3:31:52 AM

the power supply im using right now is a dual fan, not the cpu.

the cpu is using a zalman 9700
March 15, 2007 5:49:16 AM

how do i turn off the auto reboot for BSOD's

i dont know all he extras for xp
March 15, 2007 6:00:09 AM

anyone know the voltage tolorances for the pentium d 945?

the box has a 1.3 v max, but dont know the min.

currently, cpu-z reads cup voltave at 1.2 to 1.216, speedfan reads the same, ez tune reads the same, board is set to 1.3.

these voltages readings are taken under load.

idle voltage it 1.28v
March 15, 2007 1:27:58 PM

well, it BSOD in the middle of the night.

following error

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

stop: 0x0000000a (0a0000001c, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8052487f)

anyone tell me what this means
March 15, 2007 3:05:11 PM

Quote:
well, it BSOD in the middle of the night.

following error

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

stop: 0x0000000a (0a0000001c, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8052487f)

anyone tell me what this means

Ok, the first question I had concerning the psu, you have answered and the specs on the psu look good. You might try the other psu that you have and see if the problem remains or is corrected.

As to the stop errors you list, you can try going to the Microsoft website and looking up the codes and what they mean. They could point to a hardware error, a driver error, or a software error. Try pulling and reseating the various bits of hardware; cpu, video card, ram, and whatever else there is. After that, try reinstalling all the drivers to insure they are correct.

I notice that you are using a Zalman 9700. Nothing against the Zalman, but if it isn't installed just right, you might be getting a cpu overheat that causes the computer to shut down or reboot. I've had this happen myself and all it took was for me to take everything apart, put on some new paste and put it together again making sure I got all the screws in tight and the Zalman lined up properly. Yes, I felt dumb when I discovered my error, but we all do dumb things from time to time. Anyway, just an idea.
March 15, 2007 3:41:37 PM

definitely try the other power supply. a reboot under load is typical of power issues.
March 15, 2007 3:52:40 PM

Yeah definetly a power supply issue. Probably needs to be replaced. IT wouldnt hurt to get one with a higher wattage rating too.
March 15, 2007 4:34:03 PM

This looks like a device driver issue or faulty hardware. I found the following info on the web for you.

Quote:

The Stop 0xA message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel interrupt request level (IRQL) that was too high. A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own. This Stop message is typically due to faulty or incompatible hardware or software.

Possible Resolutions:

* A Stop 0xA message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.

* A Stop 0xA message might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (video or disk adapters, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.

* If you encounter a Stop 0xA message while upgrading to Windows XPl, the problem might be due to an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup. To avoid problems while upgrading, simplify your hardware configuration and remove all third-party device drivers and system services (including virus scanners) prior to running setup. After you have successfully installed Windows XP, contact the hardware manufacturer to obtain compatible updates.

Hope this is helpful. And I think the others suggestion to test with a different PSU is good advice, as lower or in-consistant voltage will make hardware behave differently. Especially when under load.
!