Observations on Hydra Trial/Kraken Farming

My nat ma/regen scrapper finished most of his contacts prior to lvl
39, thus no new contacts, and no new missions. He has the 'Envoy of
Shadows' arc at the final av mission thanks to a friend who is an
emp/dark with one charge left on her wolf whistle. Has one mission to
'clear sewers of Rikti' which are just so far down in the lower
sewers that I thought it would take forever to get to. And he also
has the 'Terra Incident' arc just started.

Saturday night I get an invite to a 'Kraken' mission from an SG
mate...figured why not as I need to do something, and I might get
some experience, xp, and hang with the SG for a while. It's the Hydra
Trial. From the beginning (defeat 150 Rikti?). Off we go. Rikti done
and my Rikti mission at the same time. Get code, enter chamber. Clear
1st Rikti group and Kraken, get guns, get to bottom. Take out the
Hatched Kraken at bottom, and some Rikti. Go for the Hydra head.
Controller locks/holds the head and my scrapper fires off the Ion
Cannon.

OMG.

The graphics through the trial till this part had me impressed (and
thinking that some devs need counseling), but when that cannon went
off on the head, just awesome.

Half arrested, Rikti spawn, taken care of by controller, tanks (2),
and I helped where I could (sk up to 41), my one face plant/rez and
we are back on the head.

Done.

Back up to top, and out.

Lvl 39 in about 50 minutes, from 3 pips past 38. Drudge went from
weeks, to 50 minutes.

Then get invite to Eden....figured, what the hey - Hydra was good,
Eden should be better.

4 deaths (mine) and 3 team wipes. Spread over two different teams.
Tired....got to sleep.

Sunday, get another invite to do trial. Sure, why not, it was good xp
and fun to have the gun.

My first lesson in farming (with this char).
Two hours later, debt gone.

Doing some missions.....having fun with Nemesis when I get an invite
from a different SG mate: Karaken?

Exit mission, head to steel, and proceed to go to 40.

Do costume mission with two SG Mates, go to hang on some missions.

Get invite....'Kraken?'

Get level 41 in two runs, decide to hang for the third because some
people were close. One more run, 3 pips.

Then the trouble hit.......how do I get out of the sewers this deep,
without stealth/SS/invis/whatever.

Best part of the night: Pick up team....only requirement - they are
going to fight their way out. Awesome. The exitting from the sewers
with this team was better than any TF, mission, or trial so far.

Now, onto missions and possibly Eden this weekend.....may pick up the
Hydra trial contact just so I can offer it for others before I out-
level it.

One thing that a lot of people don't know is that there's a super
shortcut to completing the Hydra Trial if you have a good Controller
along. Chain several high-potency Holds on the Hydra head and its
forcefield drops--permanently. No more playing whack-a-mole with the
generator pylons and beaming for all you're worth until they come back
up. I simply won't go on a Hydra trial anymore without one or two
Controllers who know what they're doing. It's just a waste of time
otherwise.

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |

Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote in

> One thing that a lot of people don't know is that there's a super
> shortcut to completing the Hydra Trial if you have a good Controller
> along. Chain several high-potency Holds on the Hydra head and its
> forcefield drops--permanently. No more playing whack-a-mole with the
> generator pylons and beaming for all you're worth until they come back
> up. I simply won't go on a Hydra trial anymore without one or two
> Controllers who know what they're doing. It's just a waste of time
> otherwise.

That's how the first time I was invited happened. They were all for doing
the trial, and had a competent controller in team.

I saw the shield come up on the Hydra once, probably when we hit one of the
Rikti groups or tentacles.

But when it went down, we wailed with the guns.