Problem with Mandatory Profile

When I rename the ntuser.dat to ntuser.man it doesn't make it mandatory.
When a user logs on and off it saves their changes back to the profile
folder. I've used mandatory profiles for years. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks, Tom
3 answers Last reply
More about problem mandatory profile

    Check that you have disabled "Hide extensions for known file types"
    ,enabled "show all files" and disabled "hide protected operating
    system files" in explorer (folder options) so that you are renaming
    the correct file

    regards
    Johan Arwidmark

    Windows User Group - Nordic
    http://www.wug-nordic.net

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 07:59:08 -0800, Tom
    <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >When I rename the ntuser.dat to ntuser.man it doesn't make it mandatory.
    >When a user logs on and off it saves their changes back to the profile
    >folder. I've used mandatory profiles for years. Any help would be greatly
    >appreciated.
    >Thanks, Tom

    Is your client Win9x machine or Win2k/XP?

    "Johan Arwidmark" wrote:

    > Check that you have disabled "Hide extensions for known file types"
    > ,enabled "show all files" and disabled "hide protected operating
    > system files" in explorer (folder options) so that you are renaming
    > the correct file
    >
    > regards
    > Johan Arwidmark
    >
    > Windows User Group - Nordic
    > http://www.wug-nordic.net
    >

    > On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 07:59:08 -0800, Tom
    > <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >When I rename the ntuser.dat to ntuser.man it doesn't make it mandatory.
    > >When a user logs on and off it saves their changes back to the profile
    > >folder. I've used mandatory profiles for years. Any help would be greatly
    > >appreciated.
    > >Thanks, Tom

    Windows XP....I know I'm renaming the correct file, but when the student logs
    off it creates another ntuser.dat and ignores the one that I have renamed.

    "Gcorpuz" wrote:

    > Is your client Win9x machine or Win2k/XP?
    >

    > "Johan Arwidmark" wrote:
    >
    > > Check that you have disabled "Hide extensions for known file types"
    > > ,enabled "show all files" and disabled "hide protected operating
    > > system files" in explorer (folder options) so that you are renaming
    > > the correct file
    > >
    > > regards
    > > Johan Arwidmark
    > >
    > > Windows User Group - Nordic
    > > http://www.wug-nordic.net
    > >

    > > On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 07:59:08 -0800, Tom
    > > <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > >When I rename the ntuser.dat to ntuser.man it doesn't make it mandatory.
    > > >When a user logs on and off it saves their changes back to the profile
    > > >folder. I've used mandatory profiles for years. Any help would be greatly
    > > >appreciated.
    > > >Thanks, Tom

Microsoft Windows