Upgrading NT4 to Windows 2000 Pro SP4

stuart

I've been having a few problems with unattended upgrades of NT4 machines to
Windows 2000 Pro. The installation itself works fine but it does not seem to
install the netcard driver that's specified in the
$OEM$\$1\drivers\network\e100b directory. None of the files that i've
included in the $OEM$\C folder are being copied either.

I've included the line:
OEMPnPDriversPath="drivers\network\e100b"

should this work when it's an upgrade install or does the fact that the
NTUpgrade=Yes option is also set in the unattend.txt file mean that the OEM
stuff is ignored?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The install is via SMS2003 BTW if
that makes a difference.

Cheers

Stuart

It may be helpful to include this entry in your answer file:

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Dusko Savatovic

"Stuart" <Stuart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been having a few problems with unattended upgrades of NT4 machines
> Windows 2000 Pro. The installation itself works fine but it does not seem
> install the netcard driver that's specified in the
> $OEM$\$1\drivers\network\e100b directory. None of the files that i've
> included in the $OEM$\C folder are being copied either.
>
> I've included the line:
> OEMPnPDriversPath="drivers\network\e100b"
>
> should this work when it's an upgrade install or does the fact that the
> NTUpgrade=Yes option is also set in the unattend.txt file mean that the
> OEM
> stuff is ignored?
>
> Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The install is via SMS2003 BTW
> if
> that makes a difference.
>
> Cheers
>
> Stuart

stuart

I've already got that line in there, This was added after the first attempt
at the install which did prompt for confirmation of the driver but this is no
longer an issue. The problem seems to be that the drivers are simply not
being picked up. I've checked that the drivers are correct by installing
them after the upgrade has completed and they work fine so i'm at a bit of a
loss at the moment.

"Dusko Savatovic" wrote:

> It may be helpful to include this entry in your answer file:
>
> DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
>
> Dusko Savatovic
>
> "Stuart" <Stuart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've been having a few problems with unattended upgrades of NT4 machines
> > Windows 2000 Pro. The installation itself works fine but it does not seem
> > install the netcard driver that's specified in the
> > $OEM$\$1\drivers\network\e100b directory. None of the files that i've
> > included in the $OEM$\C folder are being copied either.
> >
> > I've included the line:
> > OEMPnPDriversPath="drivers\network\e100b"
> >
> > should this work when it's an upgrade install or does the fact that the
> > NTUpgrade=Yes option is also set in the unattend.txt file mean that the
> > OEM
> > stuff is ignored?
> >
> > Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The install is via SMS2003 BTW
> > if
> > that makes a difference.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Stuart

> $OEM$\$1\drivers\network\e100b directory. None of the files that i've
> included in the $OEM$\C folder are being copied either.

I don't believe that this works when you do upgrade. I believe it only works
during clean install during text mode setup.
Try copying file structure using xcopy.exe.
The driver files in your ...\e100b folder should be unpacked and directly
accessible, ie not in a subfolder and not in something.exe form that you
receive when you download drivers from the web.

Dusko Savatovic

stuart

Thought that may be the case. I've setup a pre install batch job that does a
robocopy of the drivers we need, sets up autoadminlogon and puts in some
silent install commands in the GUIRunOnce section to install them and this
has run through sucessfully via SMS

Cheers,

Stuart

"Dusko Savatovic" wrote:

> > $OEM$\$1\drivers\network\e100b directory. None of the files that i've
> > included in the $OEM$\C folder are being copied either.
>
> I don't believe that this works when you do upgrade. I believe it only works
> during clean install during text mode setup.
> Try copying file structure using xcopy.exe.
> The driver files in your ...\e100b folder should be unpacked and directly
> accessible, ie not in a subfolder and not in something.exe form that you
> receive when you download drivers from the web.
>
> Dusko Savatovic

I'm not sure what happens during an upgrade (as I steer clear of them), but
on a clean install you would need OEMPreinstall="Yes" in the [Unattended]
section for $OEM$ to be copied.

Do you have that line?

Oli