Closed

Blaziken vs. the Elite Four

Last response: in Video Games
January 11, 2005 11:57:11 AM

I read somewhere that Blaziken can wipe out the Elite Four without
breaking a sweat if you choose the right moves for it during its
training. Does anybody know a good set of moves with which one could
easily defeat the Elite Four (appropriate levels assumed)?

Thanks!

--N

More about : blaziken elite

Anonymous
January 11, 2005 6:49:21 PM

The alMIGHTY N wrote:

> I read somewhere that Blaziken can wipe out the Elite Four without
> breaking a sweat if you choose the right moves for it during its
> training. Does anybody know a good set of moves with which one could
> easily defeat the Elite Four (appropriate levels assumed)?

Assuming appropriate level? I think any Pokemon trained to the
"appropriate level" can beat just about any computer-controlled Pokemon
in the game, but that's just my theory. I've never tested it myself.
But I think I'll try and see what I can do with/to your theory.

First, we need to know which Elite Four you mean. I only have access to
knowledge of Elite Four Pokemon up to Ruby and Sapphire, as I have yet
to play Fire Red or Leaf Green and I'm too lazy to search for it on the
web. I'll assume you mean Ruby and Sapphire, as those are the only
games you can get Blaziken in without trading. Their team breakdowns go
something like this:

Elite 1: Sidney
-Pokemon: Mightyena (Dark), Shiftry (Dark/Grass), Cacturne (Dark/Grass),
Sharpedo (Dark/Water), Absol (Dark)
-Blaziken's Advantages: Five Pokemon weak to Fighting, two to Fire
-Blaziken's Disadvantages: One Pokemon strong against Fire

A Blaziken with a decent Fighting move and enough speed can probably
take out the entire team easily. It will not escape unscathed, as
Sharpedo's Rough Skin will cause some damage. Fire moves can be used
against Shiftry and Cacturne to conserve Fighting moves.

Elite 2: Phoebe
-Pokemon: 2 Dusclops (Ghost), 2 Banette (Ghost), Sableye (Ghost/Dark)
-Blaziken's Advantages: None
-Blaziken's Disadvantages: All five Pokemon are normally immune to
Fighting moves

Unlike Normal-type Pokemon, Blaziken is not immune to Ghost attacks.
However, Ghosts are not immune to Fire attacks. Unless I'm mistaken,
they also don't have much endurance. Blaziken and Ghosts are more or
less on equal footing, as long as you use either Fire moves or
Foresight, which will make them vulnerable Fighting and Normal attacks.
I think.

Elite 3: Glacia
-Pokemon: 2 Glalies (Ice/Metal, I think), 2 Sealeos (Ice/Water), Walrein
(Ice/Water)
-Blaziken's Advantages: All Pokemon are weak against Fighting and/or Fire
-Blaziken's Disadvantage: Three Pokemon may know Water attacks.

This is pretty much the same deal as Sidney: Decent Fighting moves and
Speed will flatten all of these Pokemon, and Fire will handle the
Glalies well enough if you want to conserve Fighting moves.

Elite 4: Drake
-Pokemon: Shellgon (Dragon), Altaria (Flying/Dragon, I think), 2 Flygons
(Ground/Dragon), Salamence (Flying/Dragon)
-Blaziken's Advantages: None
-Blaziken's Disadvantages: All Pokemon are resistant to Fire moves, two
are resistant to Fighting moves, two may know Flying moves

Here is where Blaziken will have its toughest battle, as I'm pretty sure
that Dragons are some of the strongest Pokemon in the game. Fighting
moves can be applied to Shellgon and the Flygons, but Altaria and
Salamence have me worried as they pack a serious advantage. With a set
of excellent stats and maybe a strong Rock or Electric move, Blaziken
might have a chance.

But you can't consider a myth busted until you actually test it out. I
lack both the patience and the Blaziken to do this myself, but I can
still try to find a good moveset. But first, a look at its base stats:

HP: 80
Attack: 120
Defense: 70
Speed: 80
Special Attack: 110
Special Defense: 70

I don't really know how to read stats, but it looks to me like has some
pretty good offensive scores. Defensive, I'm not so sure about.

Possible Movesets:

Level-Up Only:
-Blaze Kick (Fire, level 36)
-Sky Uppercut (Fighting, level 59)
-Mirror Move (Level 49)
-Bulk Up (Level 28 or RuSa TM 08)

With TMs:
-Flamethrower (Fire, RuSa TM 35)
-Sky Uppercut (Fighting, level 59)
-Double Team (RuSa TM 32)
-Sunny Day (RuSa TM 11)

Just Move Tutors:
-Thunderpunch (Electric, Emerald Move Tutor)
-Seismic Toss (FrLgE Move Tutor)
-Counter (FrLgE Move Tutor or Breeding)
-Rock Slide (Rock, FrLgE Move Tutor or Breeding)

Just Breeding:
-Sky Uppercut (Fighting, level 59)
-Rock Slide (Rock, FrLgE Move Tutor or Breeding)
-Counter (FrLgE Move Tutor or Breeding)
-Reversal (Breeding)

Can't Learn:
-Foresight

What I think you should use:
-Rock Slide (Rock, FrLgE Move Tutor or Breeding)
-Sky Uppercut (Fighting, level 59)
-Double Team (RuSa TM 32)
-Bulk Up (Level 28 or RuSa TM 08)

or:
-Flamethrower (Fire, RuSa TM 35)
-Sky Uppercut (Fighting, level 59)
-Mirror Move (Level 49)
-Reversal (Breeding)

With my first suggestion, since you can't use Foresight and there are
more Fighting-sensitive Pokemon than Fire-sensitive (many of which are
the same ones) I've forgone the fire moves for Rock Slide. The Rock
Slides are in preparation for Altaria and Salamance, as they resist both
Fire and Fighting moves, and you can use them on Phoebe's ghosts in the
meanwhile. Upgrading your evasion and stats with Double Team and Bulk
Up is always a good idea.

On the second move set, instead of the leveled-on Blaze Kick I've gone
for the more powerful Flamethrower so you won't have to use Sky Uppercut
as often. Mirror Move is there so you can reflect the damage done by
Drake's Dragons back at them, and Reversal will get pretty strong once
you're low on health.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"We never feel we are ready for whatever's calling us; The point is to
do it anyway."

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
January 11, 2005 8:59:37 PM

Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205! wrote:

> The alMIGHTY N wrote:
>
>> I read somewhere that Blaziken can wipe out the Elite Four without
>> breaking a sweat if you choose the right moves for it during its
>> training. Does anybody know a good set of moves with which one could
>> easily defeat the Elite Four (appropriate levels assumed)?
>>
> Assuming appropriate level? I think any Pokemon trained to the
> "appropriate level" can beat just about any computer-controlled Pokemon
> in the game, but that's just my theory. I've never tested it myself.
> But I think I'll try and see what I can do with/to your theory.

Well, I picked Torchic, named Hen3ry as my starter in Sapphire. When I
got to the Elite Four with Blaze Kick, & Sky Uppercut, Bulk Up & Mirror
Move, I mowed down Sidney w/o breaking a sweat, and used blaze kick to
take out all of Phoebe's pokemon. I did pretty good against Glacia. I
had to switch to Kyogre w/ice beam to take on Drake, and the first time
I went through Steven wiped out all of my pokemon except Wobbuffet w/one
hit. Once I got Hen3ry about lvl 80, it can take on the whole elite 4
single handed, but I do have to use a few berries to reup PPs on some
of the moves.
January 12, 2005 5:01:11 AM

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205! wrote:
> HP: 80
> Attack: 120
> Defense: 70
> Speed: 80
> Special Attack: 110
> Special Defense: 70
>
> I don't really know how to read stats, but it looks to me like has some
> pretty good offensive scores. Defensive, I'm not so sure about.

Defenses are adequate, especially considering its offenses - it should be
able, in most cases, to take more damage than it recieves, except against
Flying, Ground, Psychic and Water moves. [which are, of course, what are
super-effective against Blaziken]

> Possible Movesets:
<<<snip>>>
> Just Move Tutors:
> -Thunderpunch (Electric, Emerald Move Tutor)
> -Seismic Toss (FrLgE Move Tutor)
> -Counter (FrLgE Move Tutor or Breeding)
> -Rock Slide (Rock, FrLgE Move Tutor or Breeding)

Hmmm. Thought the Emerald Tutor would be like the Ru/Sa one (in which
case, he'd only get Fire Punch).

Being an offensive type of guy, I prefer:

Flame Thrower (STAB)
Sky Uppercut (STAB)
Earthquake (TM)
Rock Slide (breeding with Camerupt OR FR/LG Move Tutor)
OR
Thunderpunch (Emerald Move Tutor - if Chet's right that it can get it)

This gives you a moveset that is super effective against Bug, Dark,
Electric, Fire, Flying, Grass, Ice, Normal, Poison, Rock and Steel (plus
Water, if you can get Thunderpunch), normal damage against Dragon, Fighting,
Ghost, Ground and Psychic, with nothing at all resisting. Blaziken has a
high enough Attack & Special Attack that doing only basic damage isn't at
all a bad thing. :)

January 12, 2005 10:36:39 PM

I beet it just like you said with:earthquake,flamethrower,blaze kick,
and strength! Blaziken at level 90 !

--BT
April 5, 2009 2:46:49 PM

Quote:

The alMIGHTY N wrote:

> [...]

more Fighting-sensitive Pokemon than Fire-sensitive (many of which are
the same ones) I've forgone the fire moves for Rock Slide. The Rock
Slides are in preparation for Altaria and Salamance, as they resist both
Fire and Fighting moves, and you can use them on Phoebe's ghosts in the
meanwhile. Upgrading your evasion and stats with Double Team and Bulk
Up is always a good idea.

On the second move set, instead of the leveled-on Blaze Kick I've gone
for the more powerful Flamethrower so you won't have to use Sky Uppercut
as often. Mirror Move is there so you can reflect the damage done by
Drake's Dragons back at them, and Reversal will get pretty strong once
you're low on health.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"We never feel we are ready for whatever's calling us; The point is to

April 5, 2009 2:48:47 PM

Quote:

I read somewhere that Blaziken can wipe out the Elite Four without
breaking a sweat if you choose the right moves for it during its
training. Does anybody know a good set of moves with which one could
easily defeat the Elite Four (appropriate levels assumed)?

Thanks!

--N

On the last guy of the ruby and sap. elite four the guy uses dragon types and uses dragon type moves so if you use mirror move you do the opponent just did.
Anonymous
July 22, 2009 6:25:06 PM

Sky Uppercut
Earthquake
Blaze Kick
Aerial Ace/Mirror Move
Anonymous
February 11, 2010 4:32:55 PM

I just think Blaze kick may be better then flamethrower because Blaziken has higher attack than special attack.
February 12, 2010 2:05:34 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!