Trading between FireRed/LeafGreen and Ruby/Sapphire

Supposedly, the in-game requirements simply are:

1) FR/LG player must have gotten the Ruby and Sapphire for Celio
2) Both players must have at least two Pokemon in their party

My goal is to get Torchic, Mudkip and Treecko into my LG game. Can I
only offer up Pokemon that are in R/S to begin with when I do the trade
-- in other words, would a relatively starting-from-scratch R/S game
allow for Pokemon such as Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur?

I don't have a link cable yet but plan to have that tonight or tomorrow
night, which is why I can't just find out for myself just yet. :)
Thanks,

--N

The alMIGHTY N wrote:

> Supposedly, the in-game requirements simply are:
>
> 1) FR/LG player must have gotten the Ruby and Sapphire for Celio
> 2) Both players must have at least two Pokemon in their party
>
> My goal is to get Torchic, Mudkip and Treecko into my LG game. Can I
> only offer up Pokemon that are in R/S to begin with when I do the trade
> -- in other words, would a relatively starting-from-scratch R/S game
> allow for Pokemon such as Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur?

I think it only matters how far you've gotten in Fire Red and Leaf Green.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"We never feel we are ready for whatever's calling us; The point is to
do it anyway."

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

"The alMIGHTY N" <natlee75@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Supposedly, the in-game requirements simply are:
>
> 1) FR/LG player must have gotten the Ruby and Sapphire for Celio
> 2) Both players must have at least two Pokemon in their party

You can trade LG to FR almost right away but trading to Ruby and Saphire
takes a bit more as in you pretty much have to finish the game first.