S.O.S : I lost a folder ...

March 26, 2005 6:39:37 PM

Hi

I ve a very big problem. I just found out I can't access the following
folder : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents. (a.k.a Sharedocs)

I also cannot change the attributes of this folder anymore.

If anyone can help, I would be very appreciative.

Thx !

Ps : of course I am on XP, yes there is disk space on my HD, no I didn t
delete or move any files or folders

More about : lost folder

March 26, 2005 6:39:38 PM

Jug wrote:
> Hi
>
> I ve a very big problem. I just found out I can't access the following
> folder : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents. (a.k.a Sharedocs)
>
> I also cannot change the attributes of this folder anymore.
>
> If anyone can help, I would be very appreciative.
>
> Thx !
>
> Ps : of course I am on XP, yes there is disk space on my HD, no I didn t
> delete or move any files or folders

are you logged in as a different user?
have you recently done an inplace reinstall?
if all else fails
try logging in as administrator (and if necessary, take ownership)
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 6:39:38 PM

Kind of hard to change the attributes if you can't access the folder.

How are you trying to access Shared Documents?

Do you have TweakUI?
[+] My Computer | Check ? Files stored on this computer
Apply | OK

Shared Documents Folders Are Missing From My Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319825

My Documents folder missing in My Computer
http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak1846.aspx

Can you get to it by pasting

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents

in the Start | Run box?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents attributes:
A = Files ready for archiving
S = System
H = Hidden

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:4245742b$0$5164$626a14ce@news.free.fr,
Jug <jugurta@caramail> hunted and pecked:
> Hi
>
> I ve a very big problem. I just found out I can't access the following
> folder : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents. (a.k.a
> Sharedocs)
>
> I also cannot change the attributes of this folder anymore.
>
> If anyone can help, I would be very appreciative.
>
> Thx !
>
> Ps : of course I am on XP, yes there is disk space on my HD, no I
> didn t delete or move any files or folders
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 10:17:24 PM

I found the problem, no user was allowed to do anything with the folder (I
wander how it happened)

So I just added administrator in the list

Thx guys

!