S.O.S : I lost a folder ...

Hi

I ve a very big problem. I just found out I can't access the following
folder : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents. (a.k.a Sharedocs)

I also cannot change the attributes of this folder anymore.

If anyone can help, I would be very appreciative.

Thx !

Ps : of course I am on XP, yes there is disk space on my HD, no I didn t
delete or move any files or folders
3 answers Last reply
More about lost folder

    Jug wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I ve a very big problem. I just found out I can't access the following
    > folder : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents. (a.k.a Sharedocs)
    >
    > I also cannot change the attributes of this folder anymore.
    >
    > If anyone can help, I would be very appreciative.
    >
    > Thx !
    >
    > Ps : of course I am on XP, yes there is disk space on my HD, no I didn t
    > delete or move any files or folders

    are you logged in as a different user?
    have you recently done an inplace reinstall?
    if all else fails
    try logging in as administrator (and if necessary, take ownership)

    Kind of hard to change the attributes if you can't access the folder.

    How are you trying to access Shared Documents?

    Do you have TweakUI?
    [+] My Computer | Check ? Files stored on this computer
    Apply | OK

    Shared Documents Folders Are Missing From My Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319825

    My Documents folder missing in My Computer
    http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak1846.aspx

    Can you get to it by pasting

    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents

    in the Start | Run box?

    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents attributes:
    A = Files ready for archiving
    S = System
    H = Hidden

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:4245742b$0$5164$626a14ce@news.free.fr,
    Jug <jugurta@caramail> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi
    >
    > I ve a very big problem. I just found out I can't access the following
    > folder : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents. (a.k.a
    > Sharedocs)
    >
    > I also cannot change the attributes of this folder anymore.
    >
    > If anyone can help, I would be very appreciative.
    >
    > Thx !
    >
    > Ps : of course I am on XP, yes there is disk space on my HD, no I
    > didn t delete or move any files or folders

    I found the problem, no user was allowed to do anything with the folder (I
    wander how it happened)

    So I just added administrator in the list

    Thx guys

    "Jug" <jugurta@caramail> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I ve a very big problem. I just found out I can't access the following
    > folder : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents. (a.k.a Sharedocs)
    >
    > I also cannot change the attributes of this folder anymore.
    >
    > If anyone can help, I would be very appreciative.
    >
    > Thx !
    >
    > Ps : of course I am on XP, yes there is disk space on my HD, no I didn t
    > delete or move any files or folders

Microsoft Windows XP