Deployment of applications

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 29, 2004 11:55:02 PM

i deployed winzip in to OU named Btech but users of Btech OU reports that
they can take winzip from Add/remove programs in control panal but cannot
execute the program.

the error meesage shows that you have no right to run the program

please help me
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 10:18:34 AM

Are your user local admins on their computers? They won't be able to
install software unless they are or you use elevated privileges or assign
the application on a per machine basis.

How To Allow Users Who Are Not Administrators to Install MSI Packages
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259459

Did you test the winzip msi to see if it runs correctly?

Does the share point allow the user enough rights to read the app?

I like appdeploy for good ideas on creating msi's, incase you need to redo
the package:

http://www.appdeploy.com/packages/browse.asp?cat=alpha&...

--
Scott Baldridge