Sysprep and Active Directory

Joe

I'm using Symantec Ghost to create an image of an existing server thats in
our AD domain. I know that before I create any image, I should sysprep the
server.

My question is what happens to the registered object (and any other info
related to that computer account) in AD if I disjoin the server from the
domain, perform my sysprep and imaging and re-add the box to the domain?
Will this screw up any SID related references?

Joe,

If you sysprep the box while it is joined to the domain, you'll have to go
in and delete the computer account as it is no longer valid. You won't have
any issues with SIDs or that sort of thing, the machine will get a new one
from sysprep.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us