Sysprep and Active Directory

I'm using Symantec Ghost to create an image of an existing server thats in
our AD domain. I know that before I create any image, I should sysprep the
server.

My question is what happens to the registered object (and any other info
related to that computer account) in AD if I disjoin the server from the
domain, perform my sysprep and imaging and re-add the box to the domain?
Will this screw up any SID related references?
1 answer Last reply
More about sysprep active directory

    Joe,

    If you sysprep the box while it is joined to the domain, you'll have to go
    in and delete the computer account as it is no longer valid. You won't have
    any issues with SIDs or that sort of thing, the machine will get a new one
    from sysprep.

    Brian Desmond
    Windows Server MVP
    desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

    Http://www.briandesmond.com

    "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm using Symantec Ghost to create an image of an existing server thats in
    > our AD domain. I know that before I create any image, I should sysprep
    the
    > server.
    >
    > My question is what happens to the registered object (and any other info
    > related to that computer account) in AD if I disjoin the server from the
    > domain, perform my sysprep and imaging and re-add the box to the domain?
    > Will this screw up any SID related references?

Domain Servers Active Directory Windows