How to farm out Windows Update

Hi people
simple question this one: I have 1x DC Win 2000 and 1x DC Win 2003 servicing
our domain. Our clients are all Win2k SP4. How do I set it up so that the
server downloads all windows updates and then 'farms' them out to users? I
don't really want 50 users downloading updates all at the same time.
Any help would be much appreciated!

-------
Tech Admin
West Midlands, England
Stressed and Tired!
--------

Software Update Services will do just what you want. It is a service
that runs on your server and downloads all of the security updates
automatically. The clients can be setup with a domain policy to
automatically pull the updates from your SUS server. Best of all SUS
is a FREE download from Microsoft.

Note - SUS server will soon be replaced by WUS and that will not only
do security updates for Windows but also Office and some other
Microsoft products. Check out the link for details on both.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/sus/default.mspx

Thanks for both your help guys - much appreciated!

"Zepman" wrote:

> Software Update Services will do just what you want. It is a service
> that runs on your server and downloads all of the security updates
> automatically. The clients can be setup with a domain policy to
> automatically pull the updates from your SUS server. Best of all SUS
> is a FREE download from Microsoft.
>
> Note - SUS server will soon be replaced by WUS and that will not only
> do security updates for Windows but also Office and some other
> Microsoft products. Check out the link for details on both.
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/sus/default.mspx

Use SUS
See:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/sus/susdeployment.mspx