ris image and desktop settings

whenever I setup a machine with any of our ris images the machine doesnt
allow permanent desktop changes to stay put.

for example, if I set the windows explorer to details view and set it like
this for all folders, on reboot its back as it was at install time. doesnt
matter who's profile is on system or if doing this under administrator. its
not setup for a mandatory profile.

what is it that controls this?

It wasn't clear to me from your message if you are doing this: before you
RIPPREP the machine, log on as a user and get all the settings the way you
want them. Log off and log on as another user (sometimes you will need to
restart here). Then use System control panel>advanced>user profiles>copy
to> then copy to C:\documents and settings\default user and overwrite that
folder.

--
Scott Baldridge
Windows Server MVP, MCSE

"jas0n"
> whenever I setup a machine with any of our ris images the machine doesnt
> allow permanent desktop changes to stay put.
>
> for example, if I set the windows explorer to details view and set it like
> this for all folders, on reboot its back as it was at install time. doesnt
> matter who's profile is on system or if doing this under administrator.
> its
> not setup for a mandatory profile.
>
> what is it that controls this?

Latest posts