Photoshop wont open

Hi
I have been using Photoshop 7 now with XP and service pack 2 and everything
has been fine . However all of a sudden when I click on the Photoshop icon it
starts to open then disapears for no reason. I have tried reinstalling
Photoshop but it doesnt help. I would appreciate any help from out there.
--
Terry
5 answers Last reply

    Does anything appear in the taskbar?

    "tezterry" <tezterry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have been using Photoshop 7 now with XP and service pack 2 and
    > everything
    > has been fine . However all of a sudden when I click on the Photoshop icon
    > it
    > starts to open then disapears for no reason. I have tried reinstalling
    > Photoshop but it doesnt help. I would appreciate any help from out there.
    > --
    > Terry

    Hi Colin
    It appears in the taskbar while it is firing up but then disapears when the
    programe does.

    "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

    > Does anything appear in the taskbar?

    > "tezterry" <tezterry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > I have been using Photoshop 7 now with XP and service pack 2 and
    > > everything
    > > has been fine . However all of a sudden when I click on the Photoshop icon
    > > it
    > > starts to open then disapears for no reason. I have tried reinstalling
    > > Photoshop but it doesnt help. I would appreciate any help from out there.
    > > --
    > > Terry

    Check the event viewer in Computer Management for the error logged there.
    Start>(right click)My Computer>Manage then expand the Event Viewer and
    select Application. Look for red X's associated with the program. If you
    try an uninstall and reinstall again be sure to reboot in between. Have you
    used the support link at
    http://www.adobe.com/support/main.html?

    > Hi Colin
    > It appears in the taskbar while it is firing up but then disapears when
    > the
    > programe does.
    >
    > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
    >
    >> Does anything appear in the taskbar?
    >>
    >> --
    >> "tezterry" <tezterry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi
    >> > I have been using Photoshop 7 now with XP and service pack 2 and
    >> > everything
    >> > has been fine . However all of a sudden when I click on the Photoshop
    >> > icon
    >> > it
    >> > starts to open then disapears for no reason. I have tried reinstalling
    >> > Photoshop but it doesnt help. I would appreciate any help from out
    >> > there.
    >> > --
    >> > Terry

    Many PS problems can be solved by deleting the preferences file. It will be
    re-created the next time you open PS. (Works with Illustrator also).
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application
    Data\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings
    You may also wish to change the Edit/Preferences/Adobe Oniline menu to read
    "Never".

    "tezterry" wrote:

    > Hi
    > I have been using Photoshop 7 now with XP and service pack 2 and everything
    > has been fine . However all of a sudden when I click on the Photoshop icon it
    > starts to open then disapears for no reason. I have tried reinstalling
    > Photoshop but it doesnt help. I would appreciate any help from out there.
    > --
    > Terry

    Thanks guys I have it back now Pheeew.
    I went to the support and tried Ctrl + Alt + Shift while Photoshop was
    starting and it worked Evidently it reset the preferences. Why it stopped
    working I dont know but once again thanks a heap.

    "Hugh" wrote:

    > Many PS problems can be solved by deleting the preferences file. It will be
    > re-created the next time you open PS. (Works with Illustrator also).
    > C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application
    > Data\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings
    > You may also wish to change the Edit/Preferences/Adobe Oniline menu to read
    > "Never".
    >

    > "tezterry" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > > I have been using Photoshop 7 now with XP and service pack 2 and everything
    > > has been fine . However all of a sudden when I click on the Photoshop icon it
    > > starts to open then disapears for no reason. I have tried reinstalling
    > > Photoshop but it doesnt help. I would appreciate any help from out there.
    > > --
    > > Terry

Photoshop Microsoft Windows XP