Copy/Login script problems

Hi all
I've scanned the various forums and this place seems my best bet - apologies
if it seems out of place!
I have a Win2k DC, a Win2003 DC, and a Win2003 Memb Server acting as
Exchange2003 box. All clients are Win2k SP4.
We have an outside company developing bespoke s/w for us, but they need
updates to come across in the login script from one directory on a server to
a directory locally on the client pc.
I thought I could write a batch file using Xcopy - but would this work?
Anybody know any examples I can look at? I thought I could use a date
switch, ie, if files locally are older than XYZ on our server - is that
possible? And can I create a group for the test users and do something along
the lines of 'If member of then..'

Sorry for the long post, any help would be Most appreciated!

-------
Tech Admin
West Midlands, England
Stressed and Tired!
--------

Hi Chris,

Your question might be better asked in a vb group so you could get a nice
vbscript logon script that considers group membership + date/versions.

That said, I steal loads of script snippets from the "scripting guys" in the
scripting center at MS.com. Tor­geir Bakken has helped me many times with
vbs ideas, try using google to search for him.

--
Scott Baldridge
Windows Server MVP, MCSE

"Chris Hagon"
> Hi all
> I've scanned the various forums and this place seems my best bet -
> apologies
> if it seems out of place!
> I have a Win2k DC, a Win2003 DC, and a Win2003 Memb Server acting as
> Exchange2003 box. All clients are Win2k SP4.
> We have an outside company developing bespoke s/w for us, but they need
> updates to come across in the login script from one directory on a server
> a directory locally on the client pc.
> I thought I could write a batch file using Xcopy - but would this work?
> Anybody know any examples I can look at? I thought I could use a date
> switch, ie, if files locally are older than XYZ on our server - is that
> possible? And can I create a group for the test users and do something
> along
> the lines of 'If member of then..'
>
> Sorry for the long post, any help would be Most appreciated!
>
> -------
> Tech Admin
> West Midlands, England
> Stressed and Tired!
> --------

Chris,

Minus the date requirement and focusing simply on group membership I might
go to Richard Mueller's web site at http://www.rlmueller.net for some free
..vbs logon scripts that do things based on group membership ( members of the
Accounting group get N:\ mapped to \\server01\accounting while members of
the Sales group get N:\ mapped to \\server01\sales and so on ). You might
also take a look at kixtart, which can do this very easily. You have
already mentioned IfMember.exe...

Scott might have the better idea - post this to a .vbs news group.

Also, Torgeir might be able to help you on this ( but I do not want to put
words in his mouth... ).

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24014