Is this worthy of crysis and S.T.A.L.K.E.R

AeroB1033

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
I wouldn't bother upgrading the video card at least until this summer. Waste of money since prices will inevitably drop once ATI (AMD) enters the DX10 game. And anyway, your card right now is pretty damn good.

slashzapper

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
I wouldn't bother upgrading the video card at least until this summer. Waste of money since prices will inevitably drop once ATI (AMD) enters the DX10 game. And anyway, your card right now is pretty damn good.

Yeah your system should be able to hang on just fine . I would say wait for the games to released , see how they play.

If gameplay = crap then dump system in a dustbin and make a new rig. (also come back here and shout at the people who said it was good :lol: )

If gameplay=satisfactory then enjoy 8) preferably with a glass of beer
(that is if you are above the age limit and can drink responsibly)

f1nal_0men

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
I don't know why people ask these questions. No one will know how well the game will run on any hardware until benchmarks are released. Everything else is speculation.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
Specs in sig

BTW i know crysis requires dx10 card
It seems your PC is about as good as it can get and can play any current game well.
If you want to play crysis on max-settings & high-res, you need new everything (except the hard-drive, PSU, and case)
Anyway, the game didn't come out yet, so people are just talking from expert judgement.

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
I wouldn't bother upgrading the video card at least until this summer. Waste of money since prices will inevitably drop once ATI (AMD) enters the DX10 game.

That´s something people have kept saying for the last four months. :lol:

You´re right though - if AMD releases the mythical "R600".