Merge 2 drives in RAID5

Win2000 server sp4,
I have 5 physical disks in a RAID 5 array. These are partitioned into
drives: C, D, E.

I want to lose the files on D (and the partition itself) and add the full
size of its partition to E, but the files on E are important and can't be
lost.

is this possible?

Hi,

If D and E are both Dynamic volumes and your controller supports on-line
expansion, then it should be possible. Kill the D partition, expand the
E volume then reboot - you should see the new space.

It does not matter if you trash the E drive during this operation
because unless you've got a full and reliable back-up of everything on
E, you should not be doing this kind of thing anyway.

A possible alternative hack is to use Partition magic from a boot CD,
but this is _totally_ unsupported.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)

TRENDING THREADS