Third time's a farm... I mean, charm

Heh. Got the first Paragon Protector mission, ran through most of it, found
I had just under half the Infiltrator badge. Dumped, ran it again, got to
within a few ticks. Dumped again (didn't want to run just a few short) and
midway in the third pass, got the badge, the Crey Pistol, and leveled.

First time I've farmed a mission, but it would have taken forever and who
knows how many defeats to take down the Boss PP's you find streetfighting.

Not that the Crey pistol turns out to be worth squat, but I can use all the
hold help I can get, with no ranged attacks.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

    Shenanigunner wrote:
    > Heh. Got the first Paragon Protector mission, ran through most of it,
    found
    > I had just under half the Infiltrator badge. Dumped, ran it again,
    got to
    > within a few ticks. Dumped again (didn't want to run just a few
    short) and
    > midway in the third pass, got the badge, the Crey Pistol, and
    leveled.

    > First time I've farmed a mission, but it would have taken forever and
    who
    > knows how many defeats to take down the Boss PP's you find
    streetfighting.

    > Not that the Crey pistol turns out to be worth squat, but I can use
    all the
    > hold help I can get, with no ranged attacks.

    Won't you have some better choices at 41 with the ancillary pools? I'm
    wondering if I should even bother with this accolade at all. Right now
    my level 32 scrapper doesn't have the right contact to get one of the
    missions, so I think I won't bother. He could use a ranged attack too,
    but will have a few different choices with the APPs.

    I am very happy with the accolades I do have: Freedom Phalanx and Atlas
    Medallion. I'd really like to get Portal Jockey and maybe Arch Mage
    (I'm not sure about that last one's correct name). I'd thought about
    going for the pistol, but like I said I'm not sure about it now.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner wrote:
    > "Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > although I did finally get Gearsmasher
    > by simply passing through Skyway and Perez
    > when I could and banging down a few Princes
    > each time.

    I had fun boss hunting for the other two. The tanks were plentiful and
    good XP in Brickstown and I could take them solo at +1/+2 to my level.

    The way I got the Fake Nemisis badge was to search for level 40+
    support ATs LFT. I found a great controller who also needed the FN
    badge. We proceeded to kick FN butts in PI, and picked up a tanker
    that was doing the same thing solo along the way. We were mowing down
    FNs as fast as we could find them in PI. We even had a level 50 offer
    to help us, who left the team because he didn't want to exemp and we
    wanted both the XP and the badges. The XP was really nice and I ended
    up getting 4 bars and hitting level 32 while hunting.

    For a SR scrapper the +10% HP is very nice. You probably don't need it
    as much for a tanker.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > The way I got the Fake Nemisis badge was to search for level 40+
    > support ATs LFT. I found a great controller who also needed the FN
    > badge. We proceeded to kick FN butts

    Gods what a good controller can do for you.

    My level 18 lightning/energy blaster is just starting the Tsoo missions and
    they were kicking my butt to the tune of about 6K of accumulated debt after
    a week of trying to get those damn ink boxes. I took groups of 4, 5 and 6
    into this mission and every time it went sour when we started hitting the
    yellow ink guys. The fight would spead out and somebody would attaract the
    attention of a second or sometimes third groups of Tsoo and we'd get overrun
    and killed.

    Then a female level 20 controller wanted to do the mission with me.
    Oooookay.... I made sure I was prepped for it, got myself a few Resolves (I
    think it was "resolve", I still don't have all the names down) to ward off
    sleepiness and we went in. We had a couple tough times but otherwise we
    blew through that mission. I worked off about 1/3 of my debt to boot.

    I had also teamed with some peacebringers to help finish a mission of
    theirs, so the evening as a whole saw me work off about half my debt.

    --
    John Trauger,
    Vorlonagent

    "Methane martini.
    Shaken, not stirred."

    "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.
    Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to
    fit their views
    ....which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that
    needs altering."
    -The Doctor
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    In article <Xns95F7D53711090nitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44>,
    Shenanigunner wrote:
    > Not that the Crey pistol turns out to be worth squat, but I can use all the
    > hold help I can get, with no ranged attacks.

    It's primary usefulness is against Archvillains and Monsters and that
    sort of thing. Anything that slows them down is a good thing by any
    measurement.

    It's secondary use is to pull out and impress low-levels.

    --
    --- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
    "Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of

    "Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > Won't you have some better choices at 41 with the ancillary pools?

    A little, but none of the ancilliary powers really excite me. Anything to
    compensate for the lack of ranged powers, and deal a little more damage,
    will be good.

    > I'm wondering if I should even bother with this accolade at all.

    It's not at all hard except for the Infiltrator badge, and the Paragon
    Protector mission arc makes it pretty easy. I might have been able to
    pass on farming the first mission - I'm now off to take out a PP base and
    suspect I'm not done yet - so as long as you kill-all each mission you'd
    get pretty close.

    I'm not completely sure how useful the pistol is yet - only played for a
    few minutes after clearing the mission, dumping enhancements, leveling,
    and slotting up. It's a nice freeze effect and might be useful, but the
    recharge time is looonngggg (2 minutes?) and the one red lieutenant I
    froze thawed in perhaps ten seconds.

    > I am very happy with the accolades I do have: Freedom Phalanx and Atlas
    > Medallion. I'd really like to get Portal Jockey and maybe Arch Mage
    > (I'm not sure about that last one's correct name). I'd thought about
    > going for the pistol, but like I said I'm not sure about it now.

    Atlas and Conspiracy are the only two that are easy enough to get that I
    think everyone should go for them, just in the course of playing. The
    others are pretty damned tough... although I did finally get Gearsmasher
    by simply passing through Skyway and Perez when I could and banging down
    a few Princes each time.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:36:50 -0000, Shenanigunner
    <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote:

    >"Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >> Won't you have some better choices at 41 with the ancillary pools?
    >
    >A little, but none of the ancilliary powers really excite me. Anything to
    >compensate for the lack of ranged powers, and deal a little more damage,
    >will be good.
    >
    >> I'm wondering if I should even bother with this accolade at all.
    >
    >It's not at all hard except for the Infiltrator badge, and the Paragon
    >Protector mission arc makes it pretty easy. I might have been able to
    >pass on farming the first mission - I'm now off to take out a PP base and
    >suspect I'm not done yet - so as long as you kill-all each mission you'd
    >get pretty close.
    >
    >I'm not completely sure how useful the pistol is yet - only played for a
    >few minutes after clearing the mission, dumping enhancements, leveling,
    >and slotting up. It's a nice freeze effect and might be useful, but the
    >recharge time is looonngggg (2 minutes?) and the one red lieutenant I
    >froze thawed in perhaps ten seconds.

    25 minutes.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1107963839.051893.101010
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > Won't you have some better choices at 41 with the ancillary pools? I'm
    > wondering if I should even bother with this accolade at all. Right now
    > my level 32 scrapper doesn't have the right contact to get one of the
    > missions, so I think I won't bother. He could use a ranged attack too,
    > but will have a few different choices with the APPs.
    >
    > I am very happy with the accolades I do have: Freedom Phalanx and Atlas
    > Medallion. I'd really like to get Portal Jockey and maybe Arch Mage
    > (I'm not sure about that last one's correct name). I'd thought about
    > going for the pistol, but like I said I'm not sure about it now.

    Yes there are some nice choices in the ancillary pool......but you only get
    to choose one set.

    Allthough as my natural ma/regen scrapper would like holds also, I really
    wanted the Conserver Power/Focused Accuracy from the anillary pool.

    The pistol is a nice range item, and can be used for pulling (as I did not
    take warriors challenge).

    And, yes, it is really fun to whip it out when around Atlas Dance
    Hall.......
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Magnus, Robot Fighter." <me@key.com> wrote:
    >>I'm not completely sure how useful the pistol is yet - only played for
    >>a few minutes after clearing the mission, dumping enhancements,
    >>leveling, and slotting up. It's a nice freeze effect and might be
    >>useful, but the recharge time is looonngggg (2 minutes?)...

    > 25 minutes.

    Ah, so I see. With Hasten slotted up, it's about 6-7 minutes.

    I also find that I have all but the hard badges for two more accolades: I
    need Banisher (BP spirits), which I can do now (probably hunting in DA).
    Then I need Illusionist (CoS Illusionists), which is 40+, and that's the
    Archmage protection spell.

    The Authority history badge (pretty easy), and then Unveiler (Fake
    Nemeses... 40+ again) and that's Freedom Phalanx with the +10% HP.

    The rest require all 40+ stuff I don't have and will have to wait.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote in

    > "Magnus, Robot Fighter." <me@key.com> wrote:
    >>>I'm not completely sure how useful the pistol is yet - only
    >>>played for a few minutes after clearing the mission, dumping
    >>>enhancements, leveling, and slotting up. It's a nice freeze
    >>>effect and might be useful, but the recharge time is looonngggg
    >>>(2 minutes?)...
    >
    >> 25 minutes.
    >
    > Ah, so I see. With Hasten slotted up, it's about 6-7 minutes.

    With my hasten full Green ++ slotted, it comes in at 10 minutes
    according to Hero Stats.

    With hasten green + slotted it comes in at 15 minutes according to Hero
    Stats

    When (for a while) with hasten white slotted, it came back at 20
    minutes.

    And that is averaging the times. Still it's nice to have a range
    hold/damage choice as a scrapper without using a pool
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:
    >> Ah, so I see. With Hasten slotted up, it's about 6-7 minutes.

    > With my hasten full Green ++ slotted, it comes in at 10 minutes
    > according to Hero Stats.

    I'm *pretty* sure it came back quicker than that - I glanced at a clock
    when I fired it, and it was about 8 minutes when I noticed it had returned.

    I'll time it closer and see.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> looked up from reading the entrails
    of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

    >Shenanigunner wrote:
    >> Heh. Got the first Paragon Protector mission, ran through most of it,
    >found
    >> I had just under half the Infiltrator badge. Dumped, ran it again,
    >got to
    >> within a few ticks. Dumped again (didn't want to run just a few
    >short) and
    >> midway in the third pass, got the badge, the Crey Pistol, and
    >leveled.
    >>
    >> First time I've farmed a mission, but it would have taken forever and
    >who
    >> knows how many defeats to take down the Boss PP's you find
    >streetfighting.
    >>
    >> Not that the Crey pistol turns out to be worth squat, but I can use
    >all the
    >> hold help I can get, with no ranged attacks.
    >
    >Won't you have some better choices at 41 with the ancillary pools? I'm
    >wondering if I should even bother with this accolade at all. Right now
    >my level 32 scrapper doesn't have the right contact to get one of the
    >missions, so I think I won't bother. He could use a ranged attack too,
    >but will have a few different choices with the APPs.
    >
    >I am very happy with the accolades I do have: Freedom Phalanx and Atlas
    >Medallion. I'd really like to get Portal Jockey and maybe Arch Mage
    >(I'm not sure about that last one's correct name). I'd thought about
    >going for the pistol, but like I said I'm not sure about it now.

    Bah, the Crey Pistol isn't about having something useful, it's about
    "i've got this cool looking thing and you don't".

    Xocyll
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> looked up from reading the entrails of

    >I made sure I was prepped for it, got myself a few Resolves (I
    >think it was "resolve", I still don't have all the names down)

    Just use the terminology I use;
    heal, end, acc, rage, etc
    and stage1,2,3 for it's level.

    Everyone knows what you mean by a stage3 heal or stage3 rage.

    Righteous rage or stage3 rage, it's the same thing.

    Xocyll
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:
    >>> Ah, so I see. With Hasten slotted up, it's about 6-7 minutes.
    >
    >> With my hasten full Green ++ slotted, it comes in at 10 minutes
    >> according to Hero Stats.
    >
    >I'm *pretty* sure it came back quicker than that - I glanced at a clock
    >when I fired it, and it was about 8 minutes when I noticed it had returned.
    >
    >I'll time it closer and see.

    Were you solo at the time, or on a team and perhaps under the affects of
    something like Accelerate Metabolism that also boosts recharge?

    Xocyll
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Robotech_Master wrote:

    > (Seriously, the .NET framework isn't some kind of mind control ray
    for
    > your computer. MS never got around to implementing that. It's just
    > programming language, as far as I know. Though I could be wrong in
    > that, I don't think there's any real need for tinfoil hats here.)

    It's not so much a language as an environment. Similar I would think
    to Java Virtual Machine. Multiple languages can be used for
    development in the environment; C#, C++, J#, and VB.Net. It provides a
    class library and standard intermediate language (MSIL) that the other
    languages produce when compiled.

    Despite it's name (.net) it has a very rich Windows forms set of
    classes. We use it at work to develop traditional client/server and 3
    tier applications -- so it's not just for web services.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 04:59:55 -0000, Shenanigunner
    <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote:

    > I'm *pretty* sure it came back quicker than that - I glanced at a clock
    > when I fired it, and it was about 8 minutes when I noticed it had returned.
    >
    > I'll time it closer and see.

    herostats.sourceforge.net

    Let something else time your power recharge rates for you. :)

    --
    Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
    Robotech_Master |
    | http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 07:49:35 -0500, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:

    > Just use the terminology I use;
    > heal, end, acc, rage, etc
    > and stage1,2,3 for it's level.
    >
    > Everyone knows what you mean by a stage3 heal or stage3 rage.

    Well, in this case he wasn't sure what it WAS called, since he was
    referring to one of those new "wake me up" Inspirations that got
    introduced with Update 3 and haven't been documented anywhere.

    BTW, for consistency you should be saying "dmg" instead of "rage".

    --
    Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
    Robotech_Master |
    robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free monitor or TV set!
    | http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    In article <slrnd0mp09.u58.robotech@terrania.homelinux.org>, Robotech_Master wrote:
    > On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 04:59:55 -0000, Shenanigunner
    ><nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm *pretty* sure it came back quicker than that - I glanced at a clock
    >> when I fired it, and it was about 8 minutes when I noticed it had returned.
    >>
    >> I'll time it closer and see.
    >
    > herostats.sourceforge.net
    >
    > Let something else time your power recharge rates for you. :)

    The latest version doesn't work for me.

    The biggest downside is you need Microsoft .NET to run HeroStats,
    so I had to go Borg to try it out. The previous version was fine,
    but I've had constant HeroStats "soft" crashes since update 3.

    --
    Neil Cerutti
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. --Kenner's Batman

    Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    > The latest version doesn't work for me.
    >
    > The biggest downside is you need Microsoft .NET to run HeroStats,
    > so I had to go Borg to try it out. The previous version was fine,
    > but I've had constant HeroStats "soft" crashes since update 3.

    I get the ocassional crash in it also.....but I mainly use it for testing
    powers and checking recharge rates.

    I don't (try) and leave it running all the time.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    >> I'm *pretty* sure it came back quicker than that - I glanced at a
    >> clock when I fired it, and it was about 8 minutes when I noticed it
    >> had returned.

    > Were you solo at the time, or on a team and perhaps under the affects
    > of something like Accelerate Metabolism that also boosts recharge?

    Solo; nothing but Hasten helping. I'll report back in a little bit on the
    timing.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    > Bah, the Crey Pistol isn't about having something useful, it's about
    > "i've got this cool looking thing and you don't".

    On that basis, I'll trade it right now for another Warwolf Whistle. I wish
    the notion of summoning a beast in the middle of Ms. Liberty square on a
    newbie-filled afternoon had occurred to me before I was down to the one
    call I had another use for.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote:
    > Solo; nothing but Hasten helping. I'll report back in a little bit on
    > the timing.

    ....ah, I think my clock was busted. :)

    With Hasten slotted 2 green, 2 white, 2 yellow (I'm holding out to 40-slot
    when I level), recharge was dead on 15 minutes, 3 times in a row.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:04:26 GMT, Janlee <janelee@ameritech.net> wrote:

    > I get the ocassional crash in it also.....but I mainly use it for testing
    > powers and checking recharge rates.

    > I don't (try) and leave it running all the time.

    Have you got the .NET framework *patch* installed as well as the .NET
    framework? That fixes a lot of the crashing I've experienced.

    --
    Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
    Robotech_Master |
    robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free monitor or TV set!
    | http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On 10 Feb 2005 13:45:33 GMT, Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> wrote:

    > The biggest downside is you need Microsoft .NET to run HeroStats,
    > so I had to go Borg to try it out.

    Um...

    Um...

    ....you're running City of Heroes on WHAT operating system again?

    (Seriously, the .NET framework isn't some kind of mind control ray for
    your computer. MS never got around to implementing that. It's just a
    programming language, as far as I know. Though I could be wrong in
    that, I don't think there's any real need for tinfoil hats here.)

    > The previous version was fine, but I've had constant HeroStats
    > "soft" crashes since update 3.

    Send the text of the bug window to herostats-bugs@sourceforge.net?
    They want to know about these things to make them better. When I did
    this for one of my crashes, they advised me I needed to install the
    ..NET security update patch. I did so, and no crashes since.

    Also, check the webpage again, they may have come out with a more
    recent version, with fixes, since the one you have.
    --
    Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
    Robotech_Master |
    robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free monitor or TV set!
    | http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    In article <slrnd0nc0c.u58.robotech@terrania.homelinux.org>, Robotech_Master wrote:
    > On 10 Feb 2005 13:45:33 GMT, Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> wrote:
    >
    >> The biggest downside is you need Microsoft .NET to run HeroStats,
    >> so I had to go Borg to try it out.
    >
    > Um...
    >
    > Um...
    >
    > ...you're running City of Heroes on WHAT operating system
    > again?
    >
    > (Seriously, the .NET framework isn't some kind of mind control
    > ray for your computer. MS never got around to implementing
    > that. It's just a programming language, as far as I know.
    > Though I could be wrong in that, I don't think there's any real
    > need for tinfoil hats here.)

    I think it's dumb. The idea of running applications off of the
    internet, storing all my documents off-site, and paying a monthly
    fee for them instead of having my own copy is horrible.

    But the technology itself is cool. The real downside to it is
    when you don't have .NET installed already, as I didn't, and you
    thus need a big download. I should have been clear instead of
    flip.

    > Send the text of the bug window to herostats-bugs@sourceforge.net?

    No, I didn't. I should have.

    > They want to know about these things to make them better. When
    > I did this for one of my crashes, they advised me I needed to
    > install the .NET security update patch. I did so, and no
    > crashes since.

    Thanks for that tip.

    > Also, check the webpage again, they may have come out with a
    > more recent version, with fixes, since the one you have.

    I'll certainly revisit it. I like it.

    --
    Neil Cerutti
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> looked up from reading the entrails
    of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

    >On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 07:49:35 -0500, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    >
    >> Just use the terminology I use;
    >> heal, end, acc, rage, etc
    >> and stage1,2,3 for it's level.
    >>
    >> Everyone knows what you mean by a stage3 heal or stage3 rage.
    >
    >Well, in this case he wasn't sure what it WAS called, since he was
    >referring to one of those new "wake me up" Inspirations that got
    >introduced with Update 3 and haven't been documented anywhere.
    >
    >BTW, for consistency you should be saying "dmg" instead of "rage".

    It's not about consistency it's about clarity.
    All 3 of the reds are a rage or a something rage, so people understand
    what you mean.

    Xocyll
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    >> Bah, the Crey Pistol isn't about having something useful, it's about
    >> "i've got this cool looking thing and you don't".
    >
    >On that basis, I'll trade it right now for another Warwolf Whistle. I wish
    >the notion of summoning a beast in the middle of Ms. Liberty square on a
    >newbie-filled afternoon had occurred to me before I was down to the one
    >call I had another use for.

    Heh, I used all 5 of mine there.
    That would make a hell of an accolade - at 25 minutes between uses or
    even more.

    Really freaked out the new players and those who had never gotten to the
    IP levels.

    Especially so since it follows you, but it lags a bit, so you can call
    it off to the side - sort if out of sight - (I summoned one on the roof
    of city hall) then run past the crowds who suddenly find a large puppy
    charging them.

    Xocyll

Video Games