Using pocket pc and SDIO card as modem

June 11, 2005 4:24:41 PM

Hello..

My wifi pcmcia for my laptop is broken so I am goin got buy a new one. In
the short term (until I can get a new card) is there any way to use the
wifi card in my pocket pc (MDA compact with sandisk SDIO wifi card) as a
wireless modem?

I am aware I can dial up and get internet access via my mobile network
this way but I want to use the access point I have at home.

Can any one advise me on how I would do this?

Kind Regards,
TomFoolery

More about : pocket sdio card modem

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 7:43:33 PM

Well what you would do is get a PCMCIA adapter for SD cards, which may or
may not work for an SDIO card, and then load the drivers for the Sandisk
WiFi SD card. That is if there were Sandisk drivers for your laptop. Doesn't
look like it. http://www.sandisk.com/retail/drivers-sdwfdb-000.asp

Not really sure if the PCMCIA adapter for SD cards support SDIO anyway. Did
this all the time with CF cards but there interface is almost the same as PC
cards, so the adapter is pretty passive.

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices

!