  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
February 28, 2005 8:01:09 AM

Hello World!

Were about to set up a new RIS Server on Windows 2003 Server to deploy
Windows XP SP2 to our new Hardware.

We already fell over the parser Bug in binlsvc.
After fixing the inf file, the client runs into the 0x000000BB Blue
Screen.
The Article http://www.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/pro...
at Intels Support Base did not apply, because there is no e100bnt5.sy_
in our i386 Dir.

After trying several hints and fixes for 2 days, were going crazy.

Any Help?

Christian Hanzal
Marco Donato

More about : blue screen intel pro 100 network card

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 12:46:02 PM

Hi Christian, welcome to the group.

Did you see this note on the intel page you referred to??
"Note: This error can also be caused by use of an out-of-date Intel® Boot
Agent. If the Boot Agent version is 3.0.03 or less, please contact your
computer vendor for an updated BIOS containing a newer version of the Boot
Agent. " Have you looked at that?

If the boot agent is not to blame, I recommend the following:

1. Open the Remote Install\Setup\(Language) \Images\(Dir_name)\I386\
directory and delete the e100bnt5.PNF file and restart the remote install
service.
2. If that fails, look carefully at my site, which gives you very granular
instructions for Intel pro 100 cards. It also supplies you with drivers.
We use those drivers and deploy Winxpsp2 all the time.

http://www.mvps.org/serverstuff/

--
Scott Baldridge
Windows Server MVP, MCSE