Asus A8N32 memory recomendations

AikonEnohp

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
I am looking for recommendations for purchasing memory suitable for over-clocking using an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe MB with an AMD 3500 Athlon 64 CPU.

sailer

Splendid
I've had the same board for a year and have tried 3 different types ram for long term and one for a day. In my experience, Corsair XMS PC3200 with 2-3-3-6 timing works very good. I have also tried the higher rated PC3200C2 Pro and PC3500 Pro, but that did not work noticeably better despite its higher cost. I borrowed some OCZ PC3200 ram with 2-3-2-5 timing and it did well.

Those are the ones I've used and can tell you about.

naughty

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
when i bought that mobo in november 2005 i used it with team xtreem ddr500 - the samsung UCC stuff - which managed to overclock to 276mhz at an fsb of 345mhz on my 4800+ - the timing was a bit sucky - but it didnt affect my benchmarks by too much since i also tried some kingston hyperx (the bh5 versions) at 2-2-2-5 and i think because i didnt do the voltage mods i couldnt get those anywhere as high as the team sticks - and the higher freqeuncy did better than the tighter timings in most benchies besides for superpi and 3dmark01 and aquamark

so okay this wasnt 1:1 - but 276mhz out of the ram made me very happy - i dont know if you can get this ram in your area though

hers a screenie of cpu-z - remember though this was a long time ago too

check the cpu-z figures by clicking here

the corsair may be easier for you to get and may have tighter timings - but the team xtreem really did work well with that mobo - there were instances where guys actually got to 300mhz ram fequencies with similar ram to mine - but i got an unlucky stepping - and this was around the worst that the team xtreem ram was doing at that time and it wasnt too bad an overclock IMHO and if IIRC i was scoring around 8400 in 3dmarko6 and around 13800 in 3dmark05 using this setup with a pair of 7800gtx's in sli which was very respectable for around feb 2006