Corrupt save file on fire red/leaf green

Hi,

I'm new to all this Pokemon stuff, but my lad is having problems with his
fire red/Leaf Green games. Every time he plays it, he has to save the game
twice. So far this has worked fine until he's come to something called the
'Pokemon League'. he battles away, wins and then can't save it twice and
starts again. He's getting really upset, bless him!

is there anyway round this? And what's the cause for the corrupt save file?

thanks

Once upon a time Tich decided to write:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to all this Pokemon stuff, but my lad is having problems with
> his fire red/Leaf Green games. Every time he plays it, he has to save
> the game twice. So far this has worked fine until he's come to
> something called the 'Pokemon League'. he battles away, wins and then
> can't save it twice and starts again. He's getting really upset,
> bless him!
>
> is there anyway round this? And what's the cause for the corrupt save
> file?

Sounds like a faulty game cartridge. After the Elite Four there is an auto
save only and you can't save again yourself. Game restarts. He should be at
home, not outside the league.