Forgot Win2K System logon username

Tags:
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 29, 2005 1:47:06 PM

I was trying to configure the network settings on my desktop PC running Win2K
to allow another computer on my home wireless network to access files on the
PC. In doing so I must have accidentally changed some system access
privileges. I restarted the PC and now I can't login to the system because I
don't know what username to use. I know I did not change my system logon
password, but I can't remember what the default username was before I changed
the access settings. I just need to know the correct username (or what
default username choices I can pick from) to let me logon. Thanks.

More about : forgot win2k system logon username

Anonymous
March 30, 2005 7:25:02 PM

You can use a third party toll called 'ERD' that will allow you to boot into
your OS and change local system/admin passwords.

!