Sign in with
Your question

Anyone ever use Sunbeam cases

Last response: in Components
March 16, 2007 12:23:26 PM

Looking through newegg and saw this

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E1681...

doesn't look too bad. has a window which i'm apathetic on.

but it does have 3 12cm fans. with space to add another 12cm fan to where the window is.

More about : sunbeam cases

March 16, 2007 5:05:53 PM

I've used the full-tower Transformer they are well-built.

That one looks familiar... Hmm compare to the COOLER MASTER Centurion 532 almost identical save the core fan mounting bracket. Based on that, the 532 is a good quality case so that Sunbeam should be as well. If you don't like the window consider the 532 it is well-cooled even has the same side panel fan capability and without the window is much easier to mod a fan in the lower vent as well.
March 16, 2007 6:22:33 PM

Not a bad company at all. They're kind of unknown, but that doesn't mean anything. The case you picked seems to have a nice layout, all except for the strange bar across the side of the case...

If you didn't know, Sunbeam is the company that makes the Tuniq Tower; a well known and effective processor heatsink.

Best of Luck
Related resources
March 16, 2007 6:36:40 PM

They're both fine choices. Be aware that the clear acrylic case is a LOT of work. I have a friend that has that one; installation is a pain, and it fingerprints incredibly easily. It is also somewhat fragile (its not metal...). However, it does look SWEET!

Best of Luck
!