I'm making my own games: Super/Power/Extra but I've a ques..

.....shall I give Lightingrod to Water-type pokémon? Just
wondering..........

(P.s. I think it's crazy to give Nosepass ability to prevent its
weakness from escaping)
10 answers Last reply
More about making games super power extra ques

    Would it be bad idea to give a water-type pokémon a Lightingrod?

    Why would it?

    The Blaziken Master wrote:
    > Why would it?

    Lightningrod attracts Electric-type attacks.

    Water is weak to electricity.

    A Water-type Pokémon with the Lightningrod ability, unless it has a
    secondary Ground-type, would be taken out immediately. Period.

    Volt Absorb, which doesn't attract Electricity but instead absorbs it
    and doesn't cause damage from it, is much more preferable on any
    Water-type save for Wooper/Quagsire and Barboach/Whiscash.
    Lightningrod, meanwhile, is preferable on a Ground-type, such as
    Rhydon.

    Once upon a time The Blaziken Master decided to write:

    > Would it be bad idea to give a water-type pokémon a Lightingrod?

    Yes. How could you anyway?

    Chriz wrote:

    > Once upon a time The Blaziken Master decided to write:
    >

    >>Would it be bad idea to give a water-type pokémon a Lightingrod?
    >

    > Yes. How could you anyway?

    He has a GameShark.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    "To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
    is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
    to be."

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    "Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in

    > Chriz wrote:
    >
    >> Once upon a time The Blaziken Master decided to write:
    >>

    >>>Would it be bad idea to give a water-type pokémon a Lightingrod?
    >>

    >> Yes. How could you anyway?
    >>
    > He has a GameShark.
    So anybody fancy making a guess at how long it will be before we get the
    "gameshark screwed up my game!" post >;-Þ
    Ted

    --
    Evil is such a negative term........
    I prefer differently moraled.

    GameShark has nothing to do with it! And no I don't have it yet! This
    is about my own fake games. But yeah, it would be bad idea! The
    Lightingrod would beat the pokémon that is water-type in no time! But
    is it really true that if Manectric uses Thunder it will be sent back
    to it?
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    The Blaziken Master wrote:
    > GameShark has nothing to do with it! And no I don't have it yet! This
    > is about my own fake games. But yeah, it would be bad idea! The
    > Lightingrod would beat the pokémon that is water-type in no time!
    But
    > is it really true that if Manectric uses Thunder it will be sent back
    > to it?

    Hypothetical scenarios then. That's safer...

    As for the Electric-type attacks bouncing back on the Lightningrod
    users? Doubtful. Possibly very comical in the anime, but doubtful.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "William Rendfeld" <WARendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > Why would it?
    >
    > Lightningrod attracts Electric-type attacks.
    >
    > Water is weak to electricity.
    >
    > A Water-type Pokémon with the Lightningrod ability, unless it has a
    > secondary Ground-type, would be taken out immediately. Period.

    Maybe I've misunderstood Blaziken Master's question, but it seems to me that
    he's asking whether he ought to create a new water Pokémon with the
    Lightningrod ability.

    It's an interesting enough idea for a semi-gimmicky Pokémon. Give it an
    utterly insane Special Defense, but to compensate, give it Lightningrod.
    Oh, and give it rubbish stats for the rest, seeing as Lightningrod is only
    an issue in 2vs2 battles anyway.

    Besides, creating new Pokémon is so 2002.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

    Sapphire PokéDex: 201

    LeafGreen PokéDex: 109
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Once upon a time weirdwolf decided to write:

    > "Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
    >
    >> Chriz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Once upon a time The Blaziken Master decided to write:

    >>> Yes. How could you anyway?
    >>>
    >> He has a GameShark.
    > So anybody fancy making a guess at how long it will be before we get
    > the "gameshark screwed up my game!" post >;-Þ
    > Ted

    If I had a game shark, I'd only make Pokémon learn legitimate moves that I
    wouldn't be able to have due to lack of TMs or if it's too difficult to
    breed and pass on that moves since you may have already raised a good
    Pokémon.

Games Power Nintendo Video Games