How to Revive My rx3715

June 11, 2005 11:44:31 PM

My iPAQ rx3715 died.

How to revive?

Any tips? Will not start when power button is pressed. Have been charging
via USB port all day.

Thanks.

More about : revive rx3715

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 11:44:32 PM

Soft reset.

Common problem with newest crop of HP devices.

"John Chamberlain" <jmcfache@msn.com> wrote in message
news:o HFmnfubFHA.1660@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> My iPAQ rx3715 died.
>
> How to revive?
>
> Any tips? Will not start when power button is pressed. Have been charging
> via USB port all day.
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 12:45:33 AM

Thank you.

Problem solved.

"V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Soft reset.
>
> Common problem with newest crop of HP devices.
>
> "John Chamberlain" <jmcfache@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:o HFmnfubFHA.1660@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> My iPAQ rx3715 died.
>>
>> How to revive?
>>
>> Any tips? Will not start when power button is pressed. Have been charging
>> via USB port all day.
>>
>> Thanks.

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 2:46:12 PM

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 John Chamberlain wrote:

>Thank you.
>Problem solved.

While it wasn't an issue in this particular case, it's worth noting for
the future that I have twice managed to get my 3715 into a state whereby
the battery would not charge at all via the docking cradle alone; only
connecting the external AC adaptor would allow the device to charge and
be switched on. Something worth bearing in mind if the PDA seems to be
completely dead and unwilling to charge.

For the record, I suspect both instances were caused by third-party
alarm and macro programs staying active in the background and draining
the battery overnight.

--
Kev
"Do not drive a car or operate machinery."