I'm thinking....

....if two or more pokémon in the battle would have Lightingrod, what
would happens? Would the game crash?
8 answers Last reply
More about thinking

    Chriz, you're forgetting something! Double battles!

    Once upon a time The Blaziken Master decided to write:

    > ...if two or more pokémon in the battle would have Lightingrod, what
    > would happens? Would the game crash?

    You can't have more than two Pokémon on the battle field at once anyway. As
    for two lightningrod-ers, maybe both get it or the one with the higher
    speed?

    Once upon a time The Blaziken Master decided to write:

    > Chriz, you're forgetting something! Double battles!

    No. I meant only two of your Pokémon could be on the battle field at once.
    Anyway, if both have lightning rod, then I suppose the electric attack will
    hit its intended target.

    "The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > ...if two or more pokémon in the battle would have Lightingrod, what
    > would happens? Would the game crash?

    I highly doubt it'd crash. That's certainly the type of thing that would
    have been foreseen. At a guess, I'd say the attack would hit whichever
    Pokémon you actually aimed for.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

    Sapphire PokéDex: 201

    LeafGreen PokéDex: 109

    STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:
    > "The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>...if two or more pokémon in the battle would have Lightingrod, what
    >>would happens? Would the game crash?
    >

    > I highly doubt it'd crash. That's certainly the type of thing that would
    > have been foreseen. At a guess, I'd say the attack would hit whichever
    > Pokémon you actually aimed for.

    Or, perhaps, the move would hit both at once. It's not like we can't
    test this, isn't it? Just grab a couple of Lightningrodders and face
    off against the reporter and her cameraman. One of them uses
    Magnemite/ton, if I'm not mistaken.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    "To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
    is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
    to be."

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    (subject)

    Makes a change...

    "Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
    message news:35nv0rF4o8otgU1@individual.net...
    > STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:
    >> "The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>...if two or more pokémon in the battle would have Lightingrod, what
    >>>would happens? Would the game crash?
    >>
    >> I highly doubt it'd crash. That's certainly the type of thing that would
    >> have been foreseen. At a guess, I'd say the attack would hit whichever
    >> Pokémon you actually aimed for.
    >>
    > Or, perhaps, the move would hit both at once. It's not like we can't test
    > this, isn't it? Just grab a couple of Lightningrodders and face off
    > against the reporter and her cameraman. One of them uses Magnemite/ton,
    > if I'm not mistaken.

    I did exactly what you suggested, since this question wasn't exactly a
    riddle for the ages, and it turns out that the Electric attack does hit the
    intended target when two Pokemon the with Lightningrod ability are fighting
    side by side. Another observation I made is that the Lightningrod ability
    pulls even Electric attacks that have been Locked On to a target away from
    the target.

    -Rob
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Rob" <robfrompw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > "Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
    > message news:35nv0rF4o8otgU1@individual.net...
    >> STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:
    >>> "The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>> I highly doubt it'd crash. That's certainly the type of thing that
    >>> would have been foreseen. At a guess, I'd say the attack would hit
    >>> whichever Pokémon you actually aimed for.
    >>>
    >> Or, perhaps, the move would hit both at once. It's not like we can't
    >> test this, isn't it? Just grab a couple of Lightningrodders and face off
    >> against the reporter and her cameraman. One of them uses Magnemite/ton,
    >> if I'm not mistaken.
    >
    > I did exactly what you suggested, since this question wasn't exactly a
    > riddle for the ages, and it turns out that the Electric attack does hit
    > the intended target when two Pokemon the with Lightningrod ability are
    > fighting side by side. Another observation I made is that the Lightningrod
    > ability pulls even Electric attacks that have been Locked On to a target
    > away from the target.

    Good to know! Thanks, :)

    daramark

Games Nintendo Video Games