I'm thinking....

Last response: in Video Games
January 22, 2005 7:59:16 AM

....if two or more pokémon in the battle would have Lightingrod, what
would happens? Would the game crash?

More about : thinking

Anonymous
January 22, 2005 12:07:52 PM

Chriz, you're forgetting something! Double battles!
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 3:16:04 AM

Once upon a time The Blaziken Master decided to write:

> ...if two or more pokémon in the battle would have Lightingrod, what
> would happens? Would the game crash?

You can't have more than two Pokémon on the battle field at once anyway. As
for two lightningrod-ers, maybe both get it or the one with the higher
speed?
January 23, 2005 1:06:04 PM

Once upon a time The Blaziken Master decided to write:

> Chriz, you're forgetting something! Double battles!

No. I meant only two of your Pokémon could be on the battle field at once.
Anyway, if both have lightning rod, then I suppose the electric attack will
hit its intended target.
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 12:24:19 PM

"The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> ...if two or more pokémon in the battle would have Lightingrod, what
> would happens? Would the game crash?

I highly doubt it'd crash. That's certainly the type of thing that would
have been foreseen. At a guess, I'd say the attack would hit whichever
Pokémon you actually aimed for.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 109
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 5:17:28 PM

STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:
> "The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>...if two or more pokémon in the battle would have Lightingrod, what
>>would happens? Would the game crash?
>

> I highly doubt it'd crash. That's certainly the type of thing that would
> have been foreseen. At a guess, I'd say the attack would hit whichever
> Pokémon you actually aimed for.

Or, perhaps, the move would hit both at once. It's not like we can't
test this, isn't it? Just grab a couple of Lightningrodders and face
off against the reporter and her cameraman. One of them uses
Magnemite/ton, if I'm not mistaken.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
to be."

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
February 4, 2005 6:07:55 PM

(subject)

Makes a change...
February 12, 2005 3:58:02 AM

"Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
message news:35nv0rF4o8otgU1@individual.net...
> STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:
>> "The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>...if two or more pokémon in the battle would have Lightingrod, what
>>>would happens? Would the game crash?
>>
>> I highly doubt it'd crash. That's certainly the type of thing that would
>> have been foreseen. At a guess, I'd say the attack would hit whichever
>> Pokémon you actually aimed for.
>>
> Or, perhaps, the move would hit both at once. It's not like we can't test
> this, isn't it? Just grab a couple of Lightningrodders and face off
> against the reporter and her cameraman. One of them uses Magnemite/ton,
> if I'm not mistaken.

I did exactly what you suggested, since this question wasn't exactly a
riddle for the ages, and it turns out that the Electric attack does hit the
intended target when two Pokemon the with Lightningrod ability are fighting
side by side. Another observation I made is that the Lightningrod ability
pulls even Electric attacks that have been Locked On to a target away from
the target.

-Rob
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 7:45:17 PM

"Rob" <robfrompw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
> message news:35nv0rF4o8otgU1@individual.net...
>> STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:
>>> "The Blaziken Master" <bjacolgruntz@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> I highly doubt it'd crash. That's certainly the type of thing that
>>> would have been foreseen. At a guess, I'd say the attack would hit
>>> whichever Pokémon you actually aimed for.
>>>
>> Or, perhaps, the move would hit both at once. It's not like we can't
>> test this, isn't it? Just grab a couple of Lightningrodders and face off
>> against the reporter and her cameraman. One of them uses Magnemite/ton,
>> if I'm not mistaken.
>
> I did exactly what you suggested, since this question wasn't exactly a
> riddle for the ages, and it turns out that the Electric attack does hit
> the intended target when two Pokemon the with Lightningrod ability are
> fighting side by side. Another observation I made is that the Lightningrod
> ability pulls even Electric attacks that have been Locked On to a target
> away from the target.

Good to know! Thanks, :)

daramark
!