Copying user accounts from workgroup to Server User Account

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have 18 User that are on a small workgroup. I'm getting ready to install
put a doamin in place. I want to know if I can copy there user accounts and
setting to there domain accounts without having to redo do all of there
setting when the they are placed into the domain.
Server 2003

"John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>I have 18 User that are on a small workgroup. I'm getting ready to install
> put a doamin in place. I want to know if I can copy there user accounts
> and
> setting to there domain accounts without having to redo do all of there
> setting when the they are placed into the domain.
> Server 2003

Yes, it's possible trasfer user settings to the new user account:

0- insert the workstation in the domain
1- create user account on the new domain
2- logon with the domain account on the workstation and then logoff - this
create a new standard profile
3- logon with administrator local and then copy the old profile on the new -
http://tinyurl.com/4vbls

Giuseppe