running a w2k client on a w2k server

Deano

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Is it possible to run a the windows 2000 professional client environment on
the same hardware platform that is running the windows 2000 server
environment? I have one computer that I want to use as the server for my
network, but also use to run my office 2000 applications.

thanks

deano wrote:

> Is it possible to run a the windows 2000 professional client environment on
> the same hardware platform that is running the windows 2000 server
> environment? I have one computer that I want to use as the server for my
> network, but also use to run my office 2000 applications.

I'm pretty sure you can run Office on the server, it's just not many
people would set it up this way.

As I understand it, one of the big advantages of Win2k over XP and
Win2k3 is that you can pack and patch the two editions with the same
tools and patches, because essentially they're the same o/s. With XP and
Win2k3, it's "one rule for XP", "some other rule for Win2k3", and then
everything will be even more of a mess after Longhorn.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)

TRENDING THREADS