SuckAss Intel-NIC??

compatoll

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Hi guys. This is the story: Got a machine that works as a network server and a router with two NICs in it. One card is obviously connected Into my LAN via a REPOTEC switch and that's an Intel PRO 100/VE NIC built into the motherboard with the latest drivers. The other one, Out to the Internet via my Alcatel ADSL-modem is a Realtek NIC, also with the latest drivers. Now, what's strange is that the intel NIC seem to block the packet delivery so that an instant DNS-error occurs as soon as i plug in the netw.cable from the Intel-LAN NIC into the switch. This also blocks my access to the Internet as well. Then when i unplug the netw,cable out from the REPOTEC-switch internet-access is possible again. is this an Intel Screw-up? Have already tested the switch and ther's nothing wrong with it or with the NICS..
Thanks.

mrOne

riser

Illustrious
It's a possible problem with auto-negotiation with your switch. Set your NIC to 100Mbit Full Duplex and the problem with probably go away. Your switch probably doesn't auto neg. very well.

Riser