AMD64 3200+
1.5GB Kingston ValueRAM
eVGA GeForce 7600GS
WD 74.4GB Raptor (8MB Cache)
WD 250GB HDD
SoundBlaster Audigy 2
Sony DRU-710A DVDRW

here's what happened:
a capacitor in the PSU overcharged way too fast and blew up (literally.. the metal shielding blew off like a bullet and ricocheted inside the PSU's case)... fuse blew, resistors and transformers blew, it started smoking like I had a dirty camp-fire inside the PSU... it was nuts ^_^

and:
it killed my motherboard :(

so:
I'm having to do my summer-upgrade in spring...

what I need:
is a motherboard that's compatible with LGA775 P4 [prescott] so I can build the stupid machine NOW, and upgrade it to Core2Duo later... i have PCI-Express graphics cards and DDR2 RAM, so don't worry about any of that stuff...

it must also have:
at least 2 PCI slots (sound card, tv tuner)
SLI capability (out of the box, no BIOS Flashing)
good overclockability
of course, STABLE

it will be used for:
gaming, net surfing / TV watching [pci tv tuner], music editting, movie editing, web design (in that order)

i don't want:
problems! I don't know if the 680i HDD/RAID issue has been resolved yet, but i've heard several things not so good about the chipset in general, like the cost of the boards that sport it and the benefits it has over previous chipsets isn't worth the money... doesn't mean i'm ruling it out, though...

i would prefer:
the nvidia nforce chipset... after having my DFI lanparty with the nf3 chipset, I really like being able to go to their website and easily update the drivers... intel's website is too confusing 9_6 <---- crazy eyes

my budget:
$250 + tax (don't max me out if you don't have to)

please:
have fun :)

thanks!