partition

kelly

I set a new Win2K server. At the time of installation I only created one
partition of full hard drive. Now I want to create a second partition. Is it
possible with windows? Or using software like Partition Magic has any issue?
Thanks

Kelly wrote:
> I set a new Win2K server. At the time of installation I only created one
> partition of full hard drive. Now I want to create a second partition. Is it
> possible with windows? Or using software like Partition Magic has any issue?
> Thanks

Win2K Server has no native tools to accomplish this task. You'll need
to obtain and use a 3rd party partitioning tool designed for use on a
server OS. (Partition Magic won't work on a server, but Server Magic,
from the same company, would.)

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

yes, it can do the partition so long as there is space on yr hard drive. you
may control panel\administrator tool\Computer Management\Disk Management to
allocate yr disk.