Airflow with a TT Armor & Zalman 9700

Thoras

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
I've realized I have my zalman 9700 on backwards, so since I have to re-seat it anyways, I figured I'd ask for opinions on the best way to seat it. I've got a TT armor with the stock fans(not the model with the side fan though) and figure there are three main ways I could seat it, but I wanted to get opinions on the best way. I personally think option three would be a good one based on the two outtake fans up top. The only iffy part to that would be the psu would be partly sucking in the hot air, but i don't think it'd be hot enough to bother it.

http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=caseairflowao9.jpg

Two other questions, I've heard the stock fans are pretty bad, they feel to me to be putting out a decent amount of air, but I have no real frame of reference to go by, so I wanted to know if replacing them is worth it.

Second, I heard that cutting the grills out of the back could make a decent change to the airflow for the rear fans, does it?

Thoras

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
Thanks for the help, I'm blown away here, putting it on the correct direction has made a difference of 5-10 degrees