Destiny Deoxys - stealing hot dogs

Does it bother anyone other than me that Ash used Pikachu to steal hot
dogs? Surely, they weren't in danger of starving.

Mark

Mark Moore wrote:
> Does it bother anyone other than me that Ash used Pikachu to steal
hot
> dogs? Surely, they weren't in danger of starving.

Think about it logically; they had little or no food, and numerous
mouths to feed (over ten, including the Pokémon). Brock's a good cook,
but he's no miracle worker, especially without the materials to cook.
They'd have to get food sooner or later.

Mark Moore wrote:
> Does it bother anyone other than me that Ash used Pikachu to steal hot
> dogs? Surely, they weren't in danger of starving.

Actually, they were. The normal food and water dispensers were offline,
and it had already been several hours by that point. An average human
can not survive without water in some form (including as part of some
other food or drink) for more than about 24 hours. Most pokemon
probably have similar or lesser endurance limits (outside of pokeballs,
at least, but the pokeballs were not working).

Besides, at that point the city was abandoned. Major looting might have
been frowned upon - though I'm surprised Team Rocket didn't try anyway.
(Or maybe they did, off-screen.) Minor looting for survival purposes is
another story. This is not the first time that Ash has been in what was
essentially a ghost town due to pokemon activity, although his stay here
was a lot longer than in the city overrun by electrodes.