Installing Win2K onto D: partition from WinPE using winnt3..

Hey guys,

I have WinPE installed on the C: partition where the installation source for
Win2k is also held and an Unattended Win2k install is being kicked off from
before rebooting to continue with the text setup.

Using diskpart, I create a 3Gb D: partition where I want to install Win2K
to, fully automated.

From our old DOS days, using winnt.exe I could provide the desitation
partition using the "/T" switch but I cant seem to work out how do this via
winnt32.exe (as Im running this from WinPE rather than DOS now).

Ive tried the /syspart & /temppart switches but of course they end up
re-arranging the partitions around so what was origionally D: becomes C:.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Appreciate any help, Darren.
1 answer Last reply
More about installing win2k partition winpe winnt3

    Anybody know how to achieve this?

    "DarrenP" wrote:

    > Hey guys,
    >
    > I have WinPE installed on the C: partition where the installation source for
    > Win2k is also held and an Unattended Win2k install is being kicked off from
    > before rebooting to continue with the text setup.
    >
    > Using diskpart, I create a 3Gb D: partition where I want to install Win2K
    > to, fully automated.
    >
    > From our old DOS days, using winnt.exe I could provide the desitation
    > partition using the "/T" switch but I cant seem to work out how do this via
    > winnt32.exe (as Im running this from WinPE rather than DOS now).
    >
    > Ive tried the /syspart & /temppart switches but of course they end up
    > re-arranging the partitions around so what was origionally D: becomes C:.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to do this?
    >
    > Appreciate any help, Darren.

Partition Microsoft Windows