Service Pack 1 update?

I have Service Pack 2 and when I go to the Windows update site it says that I
need Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1. If I have Service Pack 2
then why does it say I need this update for Service Pack 1? Do I really need
this update? If I install it it says that I can not be removed.

In news:93CB1897-6F6B-4973-B058-AE583C6EED97@microsoft.com,
JessARuley <JessARuley@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I have Service Pack 2 and when I go to the Windows update site
> it
> says that I need Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.
> If I
> have Service Pack 2

You have Service Pack 2 for Windows XP. You do not have Service
Pack 2 for Microsoft .NET Framework. You're mixing up two
different things.

Please reply to the newsgroup

then why does it say I need this update for
> Service Pack 1? Do I really need this update? If I install it
> it says
> that I can not be removed.

You are referring to two different products. Each one has it's own updates.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)