Unable to run adprep /forestPrep

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
July 13, 2005 1:01:48 PM

Guys
I did everyting that I was suppose to do now when I try to run adprep
/forestprep, I'm getting the following errors. But I'm logged in as a member
of Domain Admin, Enterprise Admin, Administrator, Schema Admin and still I
cannot get through. I even restarted the server. Below is the error.

" Adprep was unable to upgrade the schema on the schema master.
[Status/Consequence]
The schema will not be restored to its original state.
[User Action]
Check the Ldif.err log file in the
C:\WINNT\system32\debug\adprep\logs\20050712145711 directory for detailed
information.
Adprep set the value of registry key
System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Parameters\Schema Update Allowed to 1

Adprep was unable to update forest-wide information.
[Status/Consequence]
Adprep requires access to existing forest-wide information from the schema
master in order to complete this operation.
[User Action]
Check the log file, Adprep.log, in the
C:\WINNT\system32\debug\adprep\logs\20050712145711 directory for more
information.
"
Can you see what is wrong from this.

Thanks