Sign in with
Your question

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime ERROR

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 17, 2007 1:00:13 PM

i get this error message every few hours on a new puter running a fulltime video camera recorder PCI card.

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime error ! programme:C:\GV800\GV800.exe - This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way .

the system seems to overload , then shuts down the application and reboots itself ( i have it set to reboot if power is interupted )

Could it be due to low memory ?
The supplier says it needs at least a Pentium 4 with 256 M memory , i have 4 times more speed with this new puter

Note , it was worse on the old computer ( pentium 3 ), which had a smaller CPU and less memory ,the problem would occur every 30 minutes or so i just upgraded the puter thinking the old one was too slow but it still occurs about every 4 - 5 hours

any suggestions

Current system
celeron D 3.0 G
Gigabyte GA 945 GZM-S2 mobo
512 Meg DDR 667 Kingston memory
seagate 160 Gig HDD
Geovision GV800 PCI CCTV card
windows XP
March 17, 2007 5:13:53 PM

thankyou kindly

maxed out virtual memory now as you suggested , also noticed while doiing so that a VGA driver wasnt installed properly in device manager which may be a part of it

going to change memory setting first then run it for a day or two and see if the problem goes due to the virtual memory aspect before i reinstall the VGA driver.

( will help to isolate which solution worked. )

thankyou muchly , i think you got it.
March 20, 2007 11:04:29 AM

okay , i upped the virtual memory exactly as suggested , and installed the missing VGA driver , but the problem still exists unfortunately

the error message pops up every 4 - 5 hours

any suggestions ??
Related resources
May 28, 2007 8:59:14 AM

you are correct , the company has now advised their drivers were faulty

thankyou kindly.
August 18, 2007 4:23:20 PM

Sorry my english is not good yet..

make sure there is no space in your installation program. e.g : "C:\Program Files\GV800".

if there is a space, please re-install GV Series software to another folder without space. e.g : "C:\GV800".

Another option, please upgrade your software version to 8.01 and later versions.

If All not solve the problem, please make a tiny program to close the Windows "Runtime Error". use Delphi or VB.

I hope these will help you. Nice Day

F&S Pusat Informasi Alarm
Burglary Alarm, Fire Alarm, CCTV, Access Control, Automatic Gate, PABX, etc..
Jl. Cipaganti No.36 Bandung 40163, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
Phone : +62.22.4208921
Anonymous
December 8, 2008 8:43:59 AM

hi,
i have a problem with Dragon Naturally installation. When i whant to install it is asks for visual c++ runtime, but i cnat find it on internet. whant should i do?
Anonymous
December 8, 2008 8:44:57 AM

what should i do?
!