Sysprep and adminpak

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 5, 2005 4:58:01 AM

Hi! i have a strange problem. When i run sysprep to prepare for duplication a
kind of pc running windows 2000 SP4, and then i try to install admin pack for
windows 2000, the installation says:"windows protection error", looking for a
*.msc file into windows 2000 service pack 4 cd, while, if i don't run
sysprep, this not happens. is it possible that other programs ask me for the
windows 2000 SP4 cd? Why?

Thanks to all

Alex

More about : sysprep adminpak

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 7:08:54 AM

"=?Utf-8?B?QWxleA==?=" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Hi! i have a strange problem. When i run sysprep to prepare for
> duplication a kind of pc running windows 2000 SP4, and then i try
> to install admin pack for windows 2000, the installation
> says:"windows protection error", looking for a *.msc file into
> windows 2000 service pack 4 cd, while, if i don't run sysprep,
> this not happens. is it possible that other programs ask me for
> the windows 2000 SP4 cd? Why?

Are you using an answer file for sysprep (sysprep.inf)? If so, what
does it look like? Sysprep can modify certain system parameters like
the Windows installation point and driver locations.

Adam
!