Slow PXe Boot

Hi,
I have recently taken delivery of some dell precision 380's for a
client. When booting to PXE to build these machine from RIS it is
horrendously slow - takes 30 seconds to get a DHCP address, another 10m
minutes just to come up with a logon screen.

The machines uses broadcom gigabit nics....

anyone have a fix/work around for this?
2 answers Last reply
More about slow boot

    Try to set the switch-ports to a static speed (like Fast Ethernet) and
    static duplex-setting, disabling the auto-negotiation.

    Regards,
    Hendrik

    "verukins" <verukins@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi,
    > I have recently taken delivery of some dell precision 380's for a
    > client. When booting to PXE to build these machine from RIS it is
    > horrendously slow - takes 30 seconds to get a DHCP address, another 10m
    > minutes just to come up with a logon screen.
    >
    > The machines uses broadcom gigabit nics....
    >
    > anyone have a fix/work around for this?

  2. The 30 second DHCP delay may be due to the switch: Switches that implement spanning tree protocols can take up to 30 seconds to start forwarding packets on ports that are not connected to other switches. If your switch is configurable, this delay can be eliminated by setting the adminEdge=true for the port.

Boot Windows