[FR/LG] Mew truck type stuff

Last response: in Video Games
January 25, 2005 1:26:15 PM

Is the "Mew truck" at the SS Anne still in the FR/LG games? I'm at
Vermillion city in my Fire Red game and I don't remember exactly the process
for getting Cut without making the SS Anne leave forever (I think it was
something about getting the HM and then purposely letting all your Pokemon
faint so you'd be back outside). The layout of the ship seems to be
different than it was the first time, though, so I'm not sure exactly where
to go to get the HM. Does that still work or is there no real reason to
even try it anyway?

--
-- Pokemon Trainer Mike in shortened form.

Member of the BBB Junior Strike Force
Defending the world from the evils of Voltorb and Electrode.
Full BBB Member Application forever lost in AGNP's space-time continuum

Neopet Owner (To sign up for Neopets, go to
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=michaelruss)
Vice President in the Pokimon Temple Guild
(http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?oid=mantine)

I have:

1 I Love Mango's Point
5 AGNP (Andy Gives Nice Points) Points
5 Binary Poster Points
10 Jax Points
15 Y2Tech Points
20 Points Just For The Sake Of Having Points Points.
25 WAM Points
85 BBB Points
10000 Pikachuumon Points

150 Pokemon in my Blue version...
150 Pokemon in my Yellow version...
249 Pokemon in my Silver version...
249 Pokemon in my Gold version...
249 Pokemon in my Crystal version...
90 Pokemon in my Ruby version...

More about : mew truck type stuff

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 5:47:34 PM

Pokemon Trainer Mike wrote:

> Is the "Mew truck" at the SS Anne still in the FR/LG games? I'm at
> Vermillion city in my Fire Red game and I don't remember exactly the process
> for getting Cut without making the SS Anne leave forever (I think it was
> something about getting the HM and then purposely letting all your Pokemon
> faint so you'd be back outside). The layout of the ship seems to be
> different than it was the first time, though, so I'm not sure exactly where
> to go to get the HM. Does that still work or is there no real reason to
> even try it anyway?

I don't think you can get Cut without having the SS Anne set sail. If
I'm not mistaken, the process for getting to the Mew Truck involves
getting a Pokemon with Surf before getting the Cut HM. I believe you
can actually skip the Vermillion Gym altogether until you get the Surf
HM, but since Misty's badge (I think) allows you to use Surf out of
battle, it might be faster if you just traded over a Pokemon with Surf
already on it. You could then use Surf to bypass the shrub blocking the
gym entirely without having to use Cut on it.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
to be."

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
January 26, 2005 3:31:47 AM

"Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
message news:35o0p8F4qbqhdU1@individual.net...
> I don't think you can get Cut without having the SS Anne set sail. If I'm
> not mistaken, the process for getting to the Mew Truck involves getting a
> Pokemon with Surf before getting the Cut HM.

Actually, you'd be unable to use Surf at that point of the game. The tactic
is much simpler: Trade a Pokémon that knows Cut to the game, and skip the SS
Anne altogether until you're far enough to use Surf. The truck is no longer
there, though, according to trustworthy sources. I'm not sure if it's
merely been removed, though; I think it might be impossible to Surf in the
area as well.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site