[FR/LG] Mew truck type stuff

Is the "Mew truck" at the SS Anne still in the FR/LG games? I'm at
Vermillion city in my Fire Red game and I don't remember exactly the process
for getting Cut without making the SS Anne leave forever (I think it was
something about getting the HM and then purposely letting all your Pokemon
faint so you'd be back outside). The layout of the ship seems to be
different than it was the first time, though, so I'm not sure exactly where
to go to get the HM. Does that still work or is there no real reason to
even try it anyway?

--
-- Pokemon Trainer Mike in shortened form.

Member of the BBB Junior Strike Force
Defending the world from the evils of Voltorb and Electrode.
Full BBB Member Application forever lost in AGNP's space-time continuum

Neopet Owner (To sign up for Neopets, go to
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=michaelruss)
Vice President in the Pokimon Temple Guild
(http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?oid=mantine)

I have:

1 I Love Mango's Point
5 AGNP (Andy Gives Nice Points) Points
5 Binary Poster Points
10 Jax Points
15 Y2Tech Points
20 Points Just For The Sake Of Having Points Points.
25 WAM Points
85 BBB Points
10000 Pikachuumon Points

150 Pokemon in my Blue version...
150 Pokemon in my Yellow version...
249 Pokemon in my Silver version...
249 Pokemon in my Gold version...
249 Pokemon in my Crystal version...
90 Pokemon in my Ruby version...
2 answers Last reply
More about truck type stuff

    Pokemon Trainer Mike wrote:

    > Is the "Mew truck" at the SS Anne still in the FR/LG games? I'm at
    > Vermillion city in my Fire Red game and I don't remember exactly the process
    > for getting Cut without making the SS Anne leave forever (I think it was
    > something about getting the HM and then purposely letting all your Pokemon
    > faint so you'd be back outside). The layout of the ship seems to be
    > different than it was the first time, though, so I'm not sure exactly where
    > to go to get the HM. Does that still work or is there no real reason to
    > even try it anyway?

    I don't think you can get Cut without having the SS Anne set sail. If
    I'm not mistaken, the process for getting to the Mew Truck involves
    getting a Pokemon with Surf before getting the Cut HM. I believe you
    can actually skip the Vermillion Gym altogether until you get the Surf
    HM, but since Misty's badge (I think) allows you to use Surf out of
    battle, it might be faster if you just traded over a Pokemon with Surf
    already on it. You could then use Surf to bypass the shrub blocking the
    gym entirely without having to use Cut on it.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    "To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
    is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
    to be."

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    "Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
    message news:35o0p8F4qbqhdU1@individual.net...
    > I don't think you can get Cut without having the SS Anne set sail. If I'm
    > not mistaken, the process for getting to the Mew Truck involves getting a
    > Pokemon with Surf before getting the Cut HM.

    Actually, you'd be unable to use Surf at that point of the game. The tactic
    is much simpler: Trade a Pokémon that knows Cut to the game, and skip the SS
    Anne altogether until you're far enough to use Surf. The truck is no longer
    there, though, according to trustworthy sources. I'm not sure if it's
    merely been removed, though; I think it might be impossible to Surf in the
    area as well.

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site