Tuniq tower installation questions

bloodandsoil

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
Put together my new system last night and want to know if I installed my Tuniq Tower the right way. I have a C2D E6600 CPU and an Asus P5B-Deluxe motherboard and an Antec P180b case.

I looked and saw that the Tuniq could be mounted on the CPU in any direction. The 4 holes on the "H-Plate" could be rotated in any of the four possible directions. Am I right? Is there any advantage to installing the Tuniq in any particular direction?

And also I noticed that the Tuniq comes with a dial for turning the fan speed up and down. But the dial can't be installed into one of the open slots on the back of my case because the knob is too large and doesn't fit through. Has anyone else noticed this?

31computers

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
There must be a best direction to mount it, as the internal fan will be blowing the hot air out through the fins in one direction. If you don't get this right, you will be blowing the hot air into the m/b and case, rather than towards your case mounted extractor fan.

I read somewhere that you can remove the control knob, mount the bracket into the case, then pop the knob back on.

Unless you are going to seriously overclock, a mid position should be best, otherwise it gets a bit noisy.

Good Luck :)

bloodandsoil

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
There must be a best direction to mount it, as the internal fan will be blowing the hot air out through the fins in one direction. If you don't get this right, you will be blowing the hot air into the m/b and case, rather than towards your case mounted extractor fan.

Ah, that makes complete sense.

I guess I just couldn't tell which side of the fan was the air-in and which was the air-out. It's sort of hidden and burried inside the massive fins. I wish it was labeled or something. After I installed it I held my hand on either side and I couldn't quite tell which side was which. :?

Kamrooz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
unfortunately mine had to be installed blowing the art vertically. If I rotated it the plate would squeeze down on some capacitors and damage the mobo. It's not a c2d mobo though...This is a old pentium 4 540 prescott...OUCH...planning to upgrade or just get a new pc in the future..so if I don't decide to go water cooling I can use stock fan on this and the tuniq tower on my main rig.

But yea...I had the option of pulling hot air from my psu down into my case or some cooler air up against my psu....But thank god I have a heavy duty 111 cfm exhaust fan that can suck up the heat from both of those...Otherwise I'd have some horrible temps...lol..

TRENDING THREADS