[PW][NS][Event] Fortree Doubles Tourney 2005 Sign Up

I hope this is the right time to announce this, since there seem to be
more posts than usual from Destiny Deoxys airing on Kid's WB. I also
hope there are enough people to get this thing going, but I'm certain I
know what I want to happen.

Next month, the Fortree Doubles Tourney will begin. The rule is Sudden
Death: Contenders are allowed only two Pokemon each, both of which will
be fighting simultaneously. Whoever knocks out both of their opponent's
Pokemon moves on to the next round. The trainer at the end of the
tournament that remains undefeated is the champion. First place will
recieve the coveted Fortree Doubles Cup, a rare "mystery" Pokemon, a
Masterball, and 500,000 PokeBucks. Second place recieves a fossil, a
Luxuryball, and 250,000 PokeBucks. Third places wins an evolution item
of their choice (subject to availablity), a Luxuryball, and 125,000
PokeBucks. All contenders will get a Fortree Doubles Tourney T-shirt, a
souvenir FortreeBall and a grab bag of stat items.

If you wish to enter, sign up here, stating the name of the your
character and the Pokemon he or she will be using. They will only be
allowed two Pokemon for the entire tourney. You may sign up more than
one character, either as a team or working seperately. I'm putting in
two entrants, so I am requesting at least six more participants. The
sign-up deadline is the seventh of February and the event will begin the
seventeenth of February. If this is unreasonable, I am open to suggestions.

1. Kitsu & Keaton - Themselves (Ninetales and Tauros, "trained" by Aerie
if Adrian's up to it)
2. Open
3. Open
4. Open
5. Open
6. Open
7. Open
8. Mystery trainer (Oooo! Mysterious!)

Further positions availble on request. Match-ups will be determined
randomly, winners determined by consensus. NPCs may be added if
necessary. If you have questions, suggestions or comments, either post
them here or e-mail me at ZeroOhki(at)netscape(dot)net with this same
subject header. There is more contact information in my sig, but I
rarely use them.

Thank you and good luck.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
to be."

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
More about event fortree doubles tourney 2005 sign

    Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205! wrote:

    > Next month, the Fortree Doubles Tourney will begin. The rule is
    Sudden
    > Death: Contenders are allowed only two Pokemon each, both of which
    will
    > be fighting simultaneously. Whoever knocks out both of their
    opponent's
    > Pokemon moves on to the next round. The trainer at the end of the
    > tournament that remains undefeated is the champion. First place will

    > recieve the coveted Fortree Doubles Cup, a rare "mystery" Pokemon, a
    > Masterball, and 500,000 PokeBucks. Second place recieves a fossil, a

    > Luxuryball, and 250,000 PokeBucks. Third places wins an evolution
    item
    > of their choice (subject to availablity), a Luxuryball, and 125,000
    > PokeBucks. All contenders will get a Fortree Doubles Tourney
    T-shirt, a
    > souvenir FortreeBall and a grab bag of stat items.
    >
    > If you wish to enter, sign up here, stating the name of the your
    > character and the Pokemon he or she will be using. They will only be

    > allowed two Pokemon for the entire tourney. You may sign up more
    than
    > one character, either as a team or working seperately. I'm putting
    in
    > two entrants, so I am requesting at least six more participants. The

    > sign-up deadline is the seventh of February and the event will begin
    the
    > seventeenth of February. If this is unreasonable, I am open to
    suggestions.

    > 1. Kitsu & Keaton - Themselves (Ninetales and Tauros, "trained" by
    Aerie
    > if Adrian's up to it)
    > 2. Open
    > 3. Open
    > 4. Open
    > 5. Open
    > 6. Open
    > 7. Open
    > 8. Mystery trainer (Oooo! Mysterious!)
    >
    > Further positions availble on request. Match-ups will be determined
    > randomly, winners determined by consensus. NPCs may be added if
    > necessary. If you have questions, suggestions or comments, either
    post
    > them here or e-mail me at ZeroOhki(at)netscape(dot)net with this same

    > subject header. There is more contact information in my sig, but I
    > rarely use them.
    >
    > Thank you and good luck.

    Count me onboard.

    Alex Masters - Surtur the Blaziken and ShadowWarrior the Murkrow.

    Looking forward to it, and hope that we'll be able to get a few things
    taken care of first. Hint-hint.

    "Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
    message news:35o4b9F4mgb1aU1@individual.net...

    > 1. Kitsu & Keaton - Themselves (Ninetales and Tauros, "trained" by Aerie
    > if Adrian's up to it)
    > 2. Open
    > 3. Open
    > 4. Open
    > 5. Open
    > 6. Open
    > 7. Open
    > 8. Mystery trainer (Oooo! Mysterious!)

    > 8. Mystery trainer (Oooo! Mysterious!)

    'sup, Mace.

    > 1. Kitsu & Keaton - Themselves (Ninetales and Tauros, "trained" by Aerie
    > if Adrian's up to it)
    > 2. Open
    > 3. Open
    > 4. Open
    > 5. Open
    > 6. Open
    > 7. Open
    > 8. Mystery trainer (Oooo! Mysterious!)

    I admit I havn't posted much lately, but Bens in. (Even if that just
    involves the two Aggrons getting a kicking!)

    Luneric wrote:

    > I admit I havn't posted much lately, but Bens in. (Even if that just
    > involves the two Aggrons getting a kicking!)

    Coo'. Three slots left if anyone wants 'em.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    "To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
    is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
    to be."

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205! wrote:
    > 1. Kitsu & Keaton - Themselves (Ninetales and Tauros, "trained" by Aerie
    > if Adrian's up to it)

    No problem.

    For obvious reasons, Mimic and Aerie won't be entering the tournament
    themselves (or, at least, won't plan on doing so). Doppler and company
    aren't likely to be in the right place at the right time for the
    tournament either.

    Sure, why not?

    Carol Ross with Feraligatr and Tyranitar.

    Jose L. Solano
    -------------------------------
    A devious, degenerate defender of the devil
    -------------------------------
    "My life is a ridiculous, retarded mess and it's everyone's fault but mine."

    > Next month, the Fortree Doubles Tourney will begin. The rule is Sudden
    > Death: Contenders are allowed only two Pokemon each, both of which will
    > be fighting simultaneously. Whoever knocks out both of their opponent's
    > Pokemon moves on to the next round. The trainer at the end of the
    > tournament that remains undefeated is the champion. First place will
    > recieve the coveted Fortree Doubles Cup, a rare "mystery" Pokemon, a
    > Masterball, and 500,000 PokeBucks. Second place recieves a fossil, a
    > Luxuryball, and 250,000 PokeBucks. Third places wins an evolution item
    > of their choice (subject to availablity), a Luxuryball, and 125,000
    > PokeBucks. All contenders will get a Fortree Doubles Tourney T-shirt, a
    > souvenir FortreeBall and a grab bag of stat items.
    >
    > If you wish to enter, sign up here, stating the name of the your
    > character and the Pokemon he or she will be using. They will only be
    > allowed two Pokemon for the entire tourney. You may sign up more than
    > one character, either as a team or working seperately. I'm putting in
    > two entrants, so I am requesting at least six more participants. The
    > sign-up deadline is the seventh of February and the event will begin the
    > seventeenth of February. If this is unreasonable, I am open to suggestions.

    Count Jeff in with Shadow (Ninjask) and Shade (Shedinja).

    -------
    Clayton

    Random Tagline:
    I hate it when reality mocks me ...
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
    message news:35qt07F4p83jeU2@individual.net...
    > Luneric wrote:
    >
    >> I admit I havn't posted much lately, but Bens in. (Even if that just
    >> involves the two Aggrons getting a kicking!)
    >
    > Coo'. Three slots left if anyone wants 'em.

    I submit Elsa for the last slot. She'll compete with her Roselia and her
    Mudkip.

    -Rob
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Rob wrote:

    > "Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
    > message news:35qt07F4p83jeU2@individual.net...
    >
    >>Luneric wrote:
    >>

    >>>I admit I havn't posted much lately, but Bens in. (Even if that just
    >>>involves the two Aggrons getting a kicking!)
    >>
    >>Coo'. Three slots left if anyone wants 'em.
    >

    > I submit Elsa for the last slot. She'll compete with her Roselia and her
    > Mudkip.

    Excellent. There's still time for additional contenders, though, if
    anyone's interested.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    "To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
    is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
    to be." -- The Magic Engineer

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    I can participate if you need me, my character will be capturing his
    second pokemon tomorrow.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
    message news:3681jbF4u7bcaU1@individual.net...
    > Excellent. There's still time for additional contenders, though, if
    > anyone's interested.

    Alright, then. Lauren and Diego will be battling with Gulpin and Destiny
    (or Density if the name is registered, since Diego's still not been
    disillusioned).

    --
    Steffan Alun

    http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
    http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

    Sapphire PokéDex: 201

    LeafGreen PokéDex: 109
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:

    > "Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
    > message news:3681jbF4u7bcaU1@individual.net...
    >
    >>Excellent. There's still time for additional contenders, though, if
    >>anyone's interested.
    >

    > Alright, then. Lauren and Diego will be battling with Gulpin and Destiny
    > (or Density if the name is registered, since Diego's still not been
    > disillusioned).

    Okay, but this makes for an odd number of contenders. It's not even a
    problem, since I can just throw in NPC's, but I'm willing to ignore the
    sign-in deadline for one last player (assuming this isn't everybody).

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    "To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
    is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
    to be." -- The Magic Engineer

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Maverick wrote:

    > I can participate if you need me, my character will be capturing his
    > second pokemon tomorrow.

    Okay. Turns out I'll need a total of sixteen contenders for a proper
    tournament at this point. After this guy, I'll need six more players,
    but I can always pad that out with NPC's.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    "To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
    is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
    to be." -- The Magic Engineer

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205! wrote:
    > Maverick wrote:
    >
    > > I can participate if you need me, my character will be capturing
    his
    > > second pokemon tomorrow.
    > >
    > Okay. Turns out I'll need a total of sixteen contenders for a proper

    > tournament at this point. After this guy, I'll need six more
    players,
    > but I can always pad that out with NPC's.

    Well, assuming the option's still open...

    Sven and Peabody could step in separately, battling with Jaws the
    Sharpedo and Poochyena and Solitaire the Starmie and Grimlock the
    Rhydon respectively.

    If at all possible.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    William Rendfeld wrote:

    > Well, assuming the option's still open...
    >
    > Sven and Peabody could step in separately, battling with Jaws the
    > Sharpedo and Poochyena and Solitaire the Starmie and Grimlock the
    > Rhydon respectively.
    >
    > If at all possible.

    Well, at this point I was planning to go with the NPC's until a new
    author signed up, but if you really want to I guess there is an NPC or
    two I'm not all that happy with.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    "To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
    is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
    to be." -- The Magic Engineer

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205! wrote:
    > William Rendfeld wrote:
    >
    > > Well, assuming the option's still open...
    > >
    > > Sven and Peabody could step in separately, battling with Jaws the
    > > Sharpedo and Poochyena and Solitaire the Starmie and Grimlock the
    > > Rhydon respectively.
    > >
    > > If at all possible.
    > >
    > Well, at this point I was planning to go with the NPC's until a new
    > author signed up, but if you really want to I guess there is an NPC
    or
    > two I'm not all that happy with.

    Then again, they'd be better off staying out of it, what with Elsa and
    the apparent Magma presence. Better they lay low.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    William Rendfeld wrote:
    > Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205! wrote:
    >
    >>Well, at this point I was planning to go with the NPC's until a new
    >>author signed up, but if you really want to I guess there is an NPC
    >
    > or
    >
    >>two I'm not all that happy with.
    >>

    > Then again, they'd be better off staying out of it, what with Elsa and
    > the apparent Magma presence. Better they lay low.

    Right-o.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    "To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
    is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
    to be." -- The Magic Engineer

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net