windows updates

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

When I try to do the windows updates my computers slows
way down and will not complete the install. Tried
formatting and tried a new hard drive still same issue. I
am running windows 2000. Any help would be appreciated.

How much ram?

henri

you might want to check for viruses, I have been getting
them before I could download the updates sometimes when
doing a new install of 2000 like you are, load zone alarm
freebie first and maybe that will protect you, had to do
that once before....

Are you using server or professional?

Henri