Norton Live Customer Service NOT GOOD

mmaccarri

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
FYI,
Spent a week trying to cancel Norton Live, Between getting Non-American Support (which could not understand) and American that are just Rude from the start. They finally cancelled my account with another fee charged because of their rudeness.
DO NOT subscribe to their Norton Live service. 75 % they cant solve your problem and God help you when you try to cancell.
NEVER AGAIN.

Norton service no good full stop. It hasn't been since Peter Norton surrendered control to Symantec. Other products to avoid from the same stable are PCAnywhere and Act! (their exclamation mark - not mine).

Tut-tut - masked swearing or maybe some strange language?

Do you have proof from your working life that these products don't cause problems? If they don't, the US must have a different and more reliable set of products than Europe.

G

FUD = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt

I've been in the computer industry since 1974 and have never experienced problems with PCAnywhere or ACT! which were both used extensively by the company I worked for. I seriously doubt the products were any different between the US and the UK.

You're just like the rest of the Symantec naysayers, you keep crying their products are no good but never post any hard evidence. I guess it must be true since so many people keep saying it.

I use Norton Internet Security and have seen it vastly improve over the years. I've seen too much malware get by other security programs to trust them to keep them off my computer.

POed

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

Let me and my voice to your review. I wish I had read this before I subscribe. What you said is right on. Consider yourself warned. This company sucks, some are rude, some are incompetent, some are there just to put you on hold. Go elsewhere.