Windows Explorer question

March 28, 2005 6:11:54 PM

Where do I go to learn how to set Windows Explorer so it will always open on
the C drive in the left pane with all the folders and files displayed in the
right pane? Thanks in advance.
March 28, 2005 6:11:55 PM

Hey ... If you are referring to add an icon on your desktop that will open
windows explorer on the c drive ? Then do the following >>

Right click the Desktop, select New >>> Then select >> Shortcut. In the
first box type or copy/paste the following: %systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,c:
Then follow the onscreen prompts

"Gordon Nelson" <popop3@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Where do I go to learn how to set Windows Explorer so it will always open
> on the C drive in the left pane with all the folders and files displayed
> in the right pane? Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 6:34:55 PM

Road Runner--No, I can open it OK.. But when it opens I want it to open
always with the C drive selected in the left pane and the C drive folders
and files showing in the right pane. In other words, I want to create a
Windows Explorer default that does not open on "My computer". Thanks for
your help, however.

"Road_Runner" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey ... If you are referring to add an icon on your desktop that will open
> windows explorer on the c drive ? Then do the following >>
>
> Right click the Desktop, select New >>> Then select >> Shortcut. In the
> first box type or copy/paste the following: %systemroot%\explorer.exe
> /e,c: Then follow the onscreen prompts
>

> "Gordon Nelson" <popop3@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Where do I go to learn how to set Windows Explorer so it will always open
>> on the C drive in the left pane with all the folders and files displayed
>> in the right pane? Thanks in advance.

Related resources
March 28, 2005 6:34:56 PM

Hi ... Well if you have done what I mention in the above post it will open
on the c drive , not the my computer

> Road Runner--No, I can open it OK.. But when it opens I want it to open
> always with the C drive selected in the left pane and the C drive folders
> and files showing in the right pane. In other words, I want to create a
> Windows Explorer default that does not open on "My computer". Thanks for
> your help, however.
>
> "Road_Runner" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hey ... If you are referring to add an icon on your desktop that will
>> open windows explorer on the c drive ? Then do the following >>
>>
>> Right click the Desktop, select New >>> Then select >> Shortcut. In the
>> first box type or copy/paste the following: %systemroot%\explorer.exe
>> /e,c: Then follow the onscreen prompts
>>

>> "Gordon Nelson" <popop3@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Where do I go to learn how to set Windows Explorer so it will always
>>> open on the C drive in the left pane with all the folders and files
>>> displayed in the right pane? Thanks in advance.

March 28, 2005 6:34:57 PM

Type this exactly or copy/paste it whichever you like

%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,c:

> Hi ... Well if you have done what I mention in the above post it will open
> on the c drive , not the my computer
>

> "Gordon Nelson" <popop3@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Road Runner--No, I can open it OK.. But when it opens I want it to open
>> always with the C drive selected in the left pane and the C drive folders
>> and files showing in the right pane. In other words, I want to create a
>> Windows Explorer default that does not open on "My computer". Thanks for
>> your help, however.
>>
>> "Road_Runner" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hey ... If you are referring to add an icon on your desktop that will
>>> open windows explorer on the c drive ? Then do the following >>
>>>
>>> Right click the Desktop, select New >>> Then select >> Shortcut. In the
>>> first box type or copy/paste the following: %systemroot%\explorer.exe
>>> /e,c: Then follow the onscreen prompts
>>>

>>> "Gordon Nelson" <popop3@verizon.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 7:16:30 PM

Road Runner--That did it. Many Thanks.

> Type this exactly or copy/paste it whichever you like
>
> %systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,c:
>

> "Road_Runner" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi ... Well if you have done what I mention in the above post it will
>> open on the c drive , not the my computer
>>

>> "Gordon Nelson" <popop3@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Road Runner--No, I can open it OK.. But when it opens I want it to open
>>> always with the C drive selected in the left pane and the C drive
>>> folders and files showing in the right pane. In other words, I want to
>>> create a Windows Explorer default that does not open on "My computer".
>>> Thanks for your help, however.
>>>
>>> "Road_Runner" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message

March 28, 2005 7:16:31 PM

You're welcome

> Road Runner--That did it. Many Thanks.
>
> "Road_Runner" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Type this exactly or copy/paste it whichever you like
>>
>> %systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,c:
>>

>> "Road_Runner" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi ... Well if you have done what I mention in the above post it will
>>> open on the c drive , not the my computer
>>>

>>> "Gordon Nelson" <popop3@verizon.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
March 29, 2005 11:19:21 PM

Gordon Nelson wrote:
> Where do I go to learn how to set Windows Explorer so it will always open on
> the C drive in the left pane with all the folders and files displayed in the
> right pane? Thanks in advance.

Basically, all you need do is modify the target field of your
Windows Explorer shortcut to point where you want it. In you case,
"%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e ,c:\" (without the quotes) should do the
trick.

Command-Line Switches for Windows Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q130510

WinNT Explorer Command-Line Options
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q152/4...

--