Windows Explorer question

Where do I go to learn how to set Windows Explorer so it will always open on
the C drive in the left pane with all the folders and files displayed in the
right pane? Thanks in advance.
7 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer question

    Hey ... If you are referring to add an icon on your desktop that will open
    windows explorer on the c drive ? Then do the following >>

    Right click the Desktop, select New >>> Then select >> Shortcut. In the
    first box type or copy/paste the following: %systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,c:
    Then follow the onscreen prompts

    "Gordon Nelson" <popop3@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Where do I go to learn how to set Windows Explorer so it will always open
    > on the C drive in the left pane with all the folders and files displayed
    > in the right pane? Thanks in advance.

    Road Runner--No, I can open it OK.. But when it opens I want it to open
    always with the C drive selected in the left pane and the C drive folders
    and files showing in the right pane. In other words, I want to create a
    Windows Explorer default that does not open on "My computer". Thanks for
    your help, however.

    "Road_Runner" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey ... If you are referring to add an icon on your desktop that will open
    > windows explorer on the c drive ? Then do the following >>
    >
    > Right click the Desktop, select New >>> Then select >> Shortcut. In the
    > first box type or copy/paste the following: %systemroot%\explorer.exe
    > /e,c: Then follow the onscreen prompts
    >

    > "Gordon Nelson" <popop3@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> Where do I go to learn how to set Windows Explorer so it will always open
    >> on the C drive in the left pane with all the folders and files displayed
    >> in the right pane? Thanks in advance.

    Hi ... Well if you have done what I mention in the above post it will open
    on the c drive , not the my computer

    > Road Runner--No, I can open it OK.. But when it opens I want it to open
    > always with the C drive selected in the left pane and the C drive folders
    > and files showing in the right pane. In other words, I want to create a
    > Windows Explorer default that does not open on "My computer". Thanks for
    > your help, however.
    >
    > "Road_Runner" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hey ... If you are referring to add an icon on your desktop that will
    >> open windows explorer on the c drive ? Then do the following >>
    >>
    >> Right click the Desktop, select New >>> Then select >> Shortcut. In the
    >> first box type or copy/paste the following: %systemroot%\explorer.exe
    >> /e,c: Then follow the onscreen prompts
    >>

    >> "Gordon Nelson" <popop3@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>> Where do I go to learn how to set Windows Explorer so it will always
    >>> open on the C drive in the left pane with all the folders and files
    >>> displayed in the right pane? Thanks in advance.

    Type this exactly or copy/paste it whichever you like

    %systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,c:

    > Hi ... Well if you have done what I mention in the above post it will open
    > on the c drive , not the my computer
    >

    > "Gordon Nelson" <popop3@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> Road Runner--No, I can open it OK.. But when it opens I want it to open
    >> always with the C drive selected in the left pane and the C drive folders
    >> and files showing in the right pane. In other words, I want to create a
    >> Windows Explorer default that does not open on "My computer". Thanks for
    >> your help, however.
    >>
    >> "Road_Runner" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hey ... If you are referring to add an icon on your desktop that will
    >>> open windows explorer on the c drive ? Then do the following >>
    >>>
    >>> Right click the Desktop, select New >>> Then select >> Shortcut. In the
    >>> first box type or copy/paste the following: %systemroot%\explorer.exe
    >>> /e,c: Then follow the onscreen prompts
    >>>

    >>> "Gordon Nelson" <popop3@verizon.net> wrote in message

    Road Runner--That did it. Many Thanks.

    > Type this exactly or copy/paste it whichever you like
    >
    > %systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,c:
    >

    > "Road_Runner" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi ... Well if you have done what I mention in the above post it will
    >> open on the c drive , not the my computer
    >>

    >> "Gordon Nelson" <popop3@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>> Road Runner--No, I can open it OK.. But when it opens I want it to open
    >>> always with the C drive selected in the left pane and the C drive
    >>> folders and files showing in the right pane. In other words, I want to
    >>> create a Windows Explorer default that does not open on "My computer".
    >>> Thanks for your help, however.
    >>>
    >>> "Road_Runner" <xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message

    You're welcome

    Gordon Nelson wrote:
    > Where do I go to learn how to set Windows Explorer so it will always open on
    > the C drive in the left pane with all the folders and files displayed in the
    > right pane? Thanks in advance.

    Basically, all you need do is modify the target field of your
    Windows Explorer shortcut to point where you want it. In you case,
    "%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e ,c:\" (without the quotes) should do the
    trick.

    Command-Line Switches for Windows Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q130510

    WinNT Explorer Command-Line Options
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q152/4/57.asp

    --